“One of the best boutique hotels ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kimpton Canary Hotel
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Santa Barbara
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best boutique hotels ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Canary is so much nicer than the pictures on the site!
Casual but luxurious decor; fantastic service; great location near fab restaurants, shops and the museum and an amazing rooftop relax/pool area make for an amazing stay.
The beds, bed linen and towels are all top quality and my suite was very relaxing.
Every detail is thought about and the nice little treats such as wine tasting/tour, a little frog for the bath, welcome board for dogs ensure the hotel is unique. And throughout all areas it smells as if you are in paradise :)
Please, please could you guys open Kimpton hotels in Europe? We need you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Caroline_Dyal, General Manager at Kimpton Canary Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Oh FSM20, we need you too! Seriously, you complete us. Thank you so much for the props and for mentioning the fun little touches we do here. Hopefully we can join you across the pond soon! Come back and visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Arabic first
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel was everything the website said it was it's just the little things that bugged me. I like to have coffee in the (early) morning while on the computer but No coffee pot. Had to order coffee everyday and a pot of hot water for tea each time. I do believe those small coffee pots would not take up much room. I had used the plastic wine glasses and the two glasses in the rooms bathroom the first night and they were never replaced even upon asking the staff. The same went witht he shampoo and cream (we were 3) and had to go hunt down a staff member to refill. There was construction under our window so we could not open the doors. Like I titled this miscell. issues, otherwise a great place. The roof top of the hotel is beautiful as long as there is NO wind.

Room Tip: When making the reservation ask if there is construction going on around the building and ask for an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mspatron
Hi mspatron,
Oh boy – sounds like we missed a few opportunities here. I’m so glad you still found us to be a great place, but it’s the small touches we could have improved. Thank you so much for letting us know and for your next visit, be sure to request a coffeemaker for the room prior to arrival. As long as we know your needs and have the means to accommodate, we can execute and we are happy to do so! Thank you again so much and we hope to see you soon!
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I just got back from a weekend in Santa Barbara, and this hotel was wonderful. The place was just beautiful. I went with a friend, and we shared a double room. The room was huge and the bathroom was lovely. The location was perfect. We were able to walk to dinner every night. And at the end of the evening, we would end up on the roof. I loved it up there.

They really made the stay for us. We had an early day on Friday and needed to bring a lunch. We asked the night before for lunch to go, and they had it all ready and packed for us at 7 the next morning. They were so accommodating. We also had a very early check out, and they made it so easy to be on our way. The service was fantastic overall. Everyone did a great job.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
simply_victoria, you are simply fabulous!! I couldn’t have asked for a more positive retelling of your stay! Thank you so much for highlighting not only our amazing rooftop and accommodations, but also the team. Your experience speaks to exactly what the team here loves to do and I am blessed to work with a group of fantastic people here who love finding ways to show they care. Please come back and visit us again soon!
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We really enjoyed this hotel. It boasts wonderful Spanish art nouveau design, which really suits the atmosphere of the town. The complimentary wine hour was a nice touch. The location is great, with easy access to restaurants and coffee shops, as well as shopping. But not very close to the beach. All the staff were really helpful and friendly, as well.

I would generally say that this is a nice hotel, but there's something slightly underwhelming about the experience. It's just not super memorable. But I would still recommend it as a good place to stay in Santa Barbara.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
So glad you and yours enjoyed your time with us, IAH88! And that the staff took great care of you is so great to hear. I’m a little troubled you didn’t find your December stay to be terribly memorable and would love to hear more about it if you have the time? If so, please e-mail me at caroline.dyal@canarysantabarbara.com so we can hopefully add those touches to make your next visit that much more! Thanks again!
Chatham, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

The staff at The Canary were so friendly and accommodating. And I'm pretty sure I was upgraded to a suite at no extra charge. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jcy2123
Thank you so much, Jcy2123! Love that you found the team friendly and accommodating – and that they stealth-ninja moved you to a suite is so great! Please do stay with us again soon!
Tustin, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Where to begin! I was booking a hotel in Santa Barbara for an annual group trip - 12 very different individuals and kept coming back to this unique sounding hotel - first the location can't be matched - walking distance to everything but I didn't even want to leave the hotel - it was one of those places where the staff actually like each other and seem to really enjoy their jobs but the camaraderie without being too casual made me relax from the time I walked in - I had dealt with Stephen Gray, the Sales Manager and he took the time to ensure each of our needs were met - it is hard to please everyone but we all loved our rooms with the decadently heavenly beds and the bathroom complete with rubber ducks. What made me stop and think and remind myself to write the review was from the sales dept., to the front desk to housekeeping - everyone cared - I was walking from my room to the elevator and the lady vacuuming the hall stopped and turned off the vacuum until I had passed so she could say hello and so the noise wouldn't bother me - none of this was pulled off its airs and graces but I felt royally treated in the most blissful surroundings - I can highly recommend Canary to anyone who loves their comforts. Well done to all - I shall return :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JodiVeeTustin_CA
JodiVeeTustin_CA, where to begin indeed! You are awesome - everything you saw and wrote about is what we love to do here at the Canary! From Stephen’s ability to happily accommodate to the housekeeper you highlighted, you can see how much the team here loves creating a genuinely warm and friendly environment for all visiting. I’m just thrilled beyond words to read your review and hope to have the chance to welcome you back real soon!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Canary has the best staff -great, friendly and so helpful.Breakfast was wonderful and we really loved the happy hour.The rooms were nice and the most comfortable beds ever.Cant wait to get back and stay there again

Room Tip: We didnt use the spa
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Teresa9999
Wow, Teresa9999 your short & sweet review and absolutely made our day! Thank you so much for the shout out and please do get back here soon!