“Moby Dick Restaurant, Santa Barbara, California”

Moby Dick Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 528 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Moby Dick Restaurant, Santa Barbara, California”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Nice looking Restaurant out on a pier on the coast of Santa Barbara, California. Great atmosphere and scenic views of the Santa Barbara Beach and boat Harbor. The service was fine and the Lobster bisque and Clam Chowder we had before the main courses were delicious! After that though, I was dissappointed when the main course arrived. It looked delicious, but, suprisingly it had little flavor. Was just plain flat. We had the Alaskan Cod and the Stuffed Fish. Both broiled. For the price, it was in my opinion sub par. Not terrible or even bad. But just really lacking in flavor. If they could imrorve on that, then this would be a good dining choice.

• Visited November 2013

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Very Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I first ate here with my husband, his cousin, and her husband several years ago. When my sister, mother, and I were planning our trip down the California coast to visit the Spanish Missions, I mentally reserved one of our two nights in Santa Barbara to eat here. Dinner on the wharf, good atmosphere, delicious food; what more could we ask for?

After checking into our hotel, I called the restaurant to make reservations. The answer to my question about actually reserving? "Just come on down, we'll hold a table for you!". That simple.

It was already dark by the time we got there but our request for a window seat was granted and even at night the view was beautiful.

No wait for our table when we got there, the waitstaff was extremely helpful and downright nice. I'd definitely eat here again and recommend it to others.

• Visited September 2013
Irvine, CA
“Nice location mediocre food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

It'll do if you want to eat on the pier. Not a place that you go back to for the food. Service is fine. Prices seem a bit high for what you get.

• Visited October 2013
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“This place is only about it's location.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Don't get me wrong, nice decor too. Really helpful staff, I think Ben served us.

Food is gloriously average. The large majority of patrons are tourists and the food is not designed to make you want to return.

Still a great spot though.

• Visited October 2013
California
“Reliable Quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My second visit here over the course of several years. Still a very nice restaurant with fine food at reasonable prices. The seafood and the service were quite good. Very nice location on the wharf. An enjoyable dinner.

• Visited September 2013