Well, it's been many, many years since I've stayed in a Best Western. The things I remembered most were the ice buckets with their logo on it and the great kitcshy signs blinking in the shape of a crown. Good stuff, long gone. Surprisingly, the rooms had been tastefully updated and really didn't look much different than today's Marriotts and Hiltons. It was clearly an older property as evidenced by the almond color tile in the showers, but the renovations made it feel plenty fresh. The bed, while appearing attractive, was so ridiculously soft that I had a very sore back by the middle of the night and ended up sleeping the rest of the morning on the floor sandwiched in the coverlet from the bed. The obvious draw here is the location across from the beach, however, Cabrillo is a very busy, noisy street and the windows are NOT soundproof. You will hear cars speeding by all night blasting crappy music (either drunk college students or degenerate locals who couldn't get into UCSB). In the morning, some sort of gathering was taking place across the street in the park that involved BAD music. My boyfriend figured it may have been an informal church gathering for the homeless (which are more abundant than I've ever seen, btw) and he may have been correct. It was early, loud, and not necessarily good music, so it was quite unwelcome.
Nevertheless, the price is one of the lowest in town for the close proximity to the beach, and the property is clean with a nice pool and decent free continental breakfast from 6:30-9:30. It had rained heavily on the night I stayed, and by noon the next morning, they still had not swept the big puddles of water from the walkways, which I felt was a must-do, even before cleaning rooms. If you're on a budget, it's fine. Clientele are not exactly refined and you have to expect that in this price range.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Beachside Inn, perfectly located just across the street and a few minutes walking distance from the harbor, pier and beaches of Santa Barbara. From our fantastic location, you can also enjoy a beautiful walk to "downtown" Santa Barbara, and experience all our world class dining and shopping. And to make life even easier, the Santa Barbara beachfront/downtown electric shuttle is available at our front door if you're planning to have an even more relaxing day while visiting. Our 60 room hotel will be sure to offer you the quaint charm, which represents Santa Barbara's essence. But we also offer some of the most modern conveniences. From our very hi-speed internet, to a fabulous continental breakfast and the latest in air conditioning / heating systems, we are all confident you will have a memorable visit here in Santa Barbara all handled by our fabulous staff.We look forward to welcoming all of you to our wonderful littleescape by the sea in beautiful Santa Barbara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Best Western, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Beachside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Beachside Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western