Best Western Beachside Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Marina Beach Motel(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Mason Beach Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Days Inn Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Harbor House Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
1,038 results
All reviewsacross the streetgreat locationstate streetbest westernsharbor view roomwalking distancethe breakfast areahot breakfastfree breakfastparking feecookiesroom was spaciousnice poolgreat roomyogurtstayed longershops and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2008

This hotel is run down, dirty and overpriced!

We stayed there during the first week in June. The room was a 1-bedroom suite and $236 a night. The carpets had stains, the bathroom had peeling paint, was dirty and the toilet seat wasn't even attached! Front door did not shut all the way,

Most the other hotels have a higher weekend rate and then reduce the rate Sun-Thurs. Not this hotel!

Also, the way the hotel is built like a donut around the pool. Very noisy.

There's a park across the street that the homeless sleep in. Not really within walking distance to downtown.

We had problems with the room, and because we didn't book it through the Best Western 800 number (we called the hotel direct), they didn't do anything.

Our friends stayed at the Blue Sands - absolutely gorgeous - for less money!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank wildegurl
Reviewed September 19, 2008

This hotel is horrible. The hotel is directly on the street and our room was unbelievably loud. All the beach traffic pretty much is outside your window. Their were also ants that we found crawling on our sheets and after reading the reviews this isnt the first ant complaint. Be very wary staying here its overpriced, noisy and dirty for the price find another hotel.

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank bruce123
Reviewed July 18, 2008

We stayed for the 4th of July weekend on an oceanview newly renovated room and we had a great time, The hotel is walking distance to shopping, to the beach and good restaurants. Most of all the hotel staff was so nice and very accomodating. Two days after we checked out I realized I forgot my binder with has my account numbers in it. I called the hotel and Jess Fletcher of the Front Desk and Luz Estrada of Housekeeping went out of their way to actually check the room inspite of their busy schedule. Lo and behold they found it and they even helped shipped it back to me. It's well worth every penny I spent to book in this hotel. KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2008

Before I booked this hotel, I checked the reviews here on Tripadvisor. One user noted that he was ultimately disappointed with the look and feel of Beachside Inn after passing by more aesthetically pleasing neighboring hotels such as Oceana and Habor View Inn. This user certainly hit the nail on the head!

Compared to its neighboring hotels, Beachside Inn was dark, gloomy, and had a low quality motel feel to it. It wouldn't be so bad if I paid less than $100 per night, but for a two night stay, I paid almost $400, which included the typical add-on fees.

There was nothing impressive about our room. The bathroom had a small standing shower that had no place to put your shampoo/conditioner. There were glass cups provided on the nightstand, which were dirty. I thought there was free wi-fi but I guess they were talking about the tiny outdated computer in the lobby. The front desk was definitely NOT friendly or approachable. The continental breakfast was your typical bagels, cream cheese, bread, PB&J, fruit, cereal, coffee variety, which was just fine. Having breakfast was one of the few Pro's of this place.

The only other Pro's would be the location. It was only a few blocks from Stearns Wharf and State Street. But like I said, the neighboring hotels appeared to be much nicer, including Harbor View Inn, which a couple we met bragged was an amazing hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 12, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in April. The room was located near a hallway, near the elevator and stairs. So it got quite noisy at times. The room was nice as it looked like it had been remodeled, except for the bathroom. It looked like they tried to remodel it, but it just didn't happen. There were attempts at chaulking all over and it was coming off the sink and other areas. The bathroom smelled like mold and mildew and occasionally there was a strong smell too. I don't know if we were close to the maids room. The drawer on the vanity didn't come out, so you only had one drawer to use and it didn't smell that great either.

It was nice that it was so close to downtown, the water and the beach area, as we ventured out each night for a walk.

We might stay here again, but in a room with a remodeled bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple