My friends and I stayed here for a girls weekend. I used to live in downtown SB, so I knew exactly what to expect from the area: right next to a park, across the street from the harbor and beach, a little less busy than right on State St.
I was first to come around 12noon, and asked if it was possible to check-in early. Not only did they confirm that they could have my rooms cleaned within the hour, they offered to put the rooms next to each other (we had 2 rooms). Mohammad was especially helpful and professional. He offered to hold my overnight bad in a locked room while I took a walk waiting for my room and helped me to my room to make sure everything was ok. My friends enjoyed their fresh cookies in the afternoon, so after coming home from dinner, my friend asked if there were any more. David, who was at the front desk, said he would check and ring us if there were any. After being in our room for 30 minutes (it was close to 10pm now), David knocks on the door and offers us fresh oatmeal raisin cookies! What a sweet heart! Overall, the service was fantastic and very friendly; great location for walking; minimal parking permit fee; good sized rooms with comfy beds.
Cons: The pool area is covered in shade by mid afternoon :( but you do have the beach right there. Also, they don't have a kitchen, so there's only expensive Best Western contracted room service (just look on yelp and order delivery; it is so much cheaper!).
Overall, great service, comfy rooms, happy times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Beachside Inn, perfectly located just across the street and a few minutes walking distance from the harbor, pier and beaches of Santa Barbara. From our fantastic location, you can also enjoy a beautiful walk to "downtown" Santa Barbara, and experience all our world class dining and shopping. And to make life even easier, the Santa Barbara beachfront/downtown electric shuttle is available at our front door if you're planning to have an even more relaxing day while visiting. Our 60 room hotel will be sure to offer you the quaint charm, which represents Santa Barbara's essence. But we also offer some of the most modern conveniences. From our very hi-speed internet, to a fabulous continental breakfast and the latest in air conditioning / heating systems, we are all confident you will have a memorable visit here in Santa Barbara all handled by our fabulous staff.We look forward to welcoming all of you to our wonderful littleescape by the sea in beautiful Santa Barbara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Beachside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Beachside Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western