“The staff were friendly and helpful....”

Best Western Beachside Inn
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Newark, New Jersey
“The staff were friendly and helpful....”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at a beautiful island which had amazing sights especially with all the islands around. During the sunset the view was breathtaking. The people are friendly and welcoming. The restaurants on seafront were really nice with friendly staff. The food served was finger licking.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joslyn L
BeachsideGM, General Manager at Best Western Beachside Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you Joslyn for your kind words. All perfectly said. And a special thanks for recognizing my amazing staff.

HJRobbins - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I was looking for a reasonbly priced hotel near the Pier and didn't want to spend a lot of money for just a quick overnight stay. For a older hotel, the rooms were updated and very clean. I always worry about the beds in hotels, but they were comfortable and fresh. We had a view of the harbor and were able to walk everywhere. The staff was outstanding and very friendly! Heidy, at the front desk, is awesome and so personable! I will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Marie M
Hi Marie,

We're just full of surprises as you found out obviously. Glad you were able to stumble upon us.
Guess we'll see you next time with more fun stuff. I'll make sure to thank Heidy for you as well.

Benicia, California
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This hotel is located near the pier. The hotel is older but very clean. The rooms are large and the balcony had a great view of the pier. It is close to many restaurants and shopping. The night we stayed it was very quiet.

Hi Guys...

What else can I say..location, location, location...Glad you enjoyed ours as many have and will.
See you next time!!!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The room was great value. We ended up going slower than expected up the Pacific Coast Highway and wanted to alter our already reserved stays at Best Western. One room had advised that there would be a penalty for changing a reservation 72 hours prior to arrival. Heidy, the hotel clerk called the Best Western in Monterrey to tell them we would be arriving a day later than planned, saving us the penalty. She could not have been more professional.

Room Tip: Join Gold Crown Club for staying at Best Western.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Lynda,
Thanks for making thew long trip to visit our wonderful state. I'm also Glad Heidy could help on your reservation issue. That's what we specialize in...helping our guests with whatever they need...

Sonoma, California
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed two nights. The staff was VERY friendly and courteous and helpful. The location is perfect, we were visiting the college which is a short walk up the hill. You can walk to the wharf and to State Street which is very convenient. There are nice restaurants very close. The rooms were quite spacious, very clean, comfortable beds, Wifi, a nice view and a very nice surprise is there is a small deck you can sit out on..........very nice. The breakfast is pretty good, small cheese omelets, bagels, sausages, fruit, yogurt, toast, good coffee...........everything you would expect and more. We had a few mishaps with the TV remote and the hairdryer, but it was handled so well, so quickly and with such a friendly attitude that it hardly made a blip on the radar screen. I would definitely stay here again and in fact intend to since our granddaughter will be attending the college.

Hi Julie,
Thanks for all your kind words and for staying in the best kept secret the Beachfront has to offer.
However, I think it won't be a secret for long with devoted guests like yourself.
Many, many thanks again and see you next time!!

Rancho Palos Verdes, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Nice and clean Inn with oceanviews from some of the rooms. Rooms are big. Staff is courteous. It is at the end of the Cabrillo waterfront strip near the pier and activities, but the ocean view rooms are relatively quiet. They will be adding a jacuzzi as of now it has a nice pool.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Carlin R
Hi Carlin,
Thanks for the kind words. I thank you and my staff thanks you. I'm trying to rush the Jacuzzi along, but just heard from the owners there are lots more good things to come as well.

Visit again soon

Colorado
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and I are travel writers (ordinarycoupletravels.com) and we decided to spend a long pre-Christmas weekend in Santa Barbara recently. We've never been to Santa Barbara before and as I planned I did what I always do - check my trusted Tripadvisor for hotel recommendations! The Best Western Beachside Inn did not disappoint. It's right on Cabrillo Blvd and directly across from the Harbor, and only a 3-4 block walking distance from State Street. The staff was polite and friendly when we checked in and our room was spacious and clean, with a King size bed, sofa and sitting area, sliding door and small balcony that faced a park. The hotel was priced right, the location was good, the bed comfortable and the bathroom exceptionally clean. I was pleased - it checked several boxes on my "must haves" list. Since our room faced the intersection of Cabrillo and Castillo, I was a bit worried it might be noisy during the night but it really wasn't - the traffic diminished after about 8 pm and I didn't hear a single noise all night long. Each morning we would get up early, go down to the lobby for a cup of delicious coffee, and take a walk along the beach or around the harbor before going back to enjoy the simple included breakfast. On our last night there we made reservations at Toma, and Italian restaurant directly next door to the Best Western (see my review of Toma). It was delicious and how wonderful to be right next door. All in all, a very good stay and I recommend the hotel! Thanks Best Western - when I visit Santa Barbara again, I'll be back to stay with you!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
BeachsideGM, General Manager at Best Western Beachside Inn, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Wow Pam!

Why would I even try to respond. I'll just keep reading your review again and again and say MANY THANKS!!!! Next time your here, Please, say hi personally so I can give you a big HUG...

And if anyone else needs a hug after arriving here, just let me know..Open arms for everyone!!!!

All the best!!! HJRobbins - GM