Before I booked this hotel, I checked the reviews here on Tripadvisor. One user noted that he was ultimately disappointed with the look and feel of Beachside Inn after passing by more aesthetically pleasing neighboring hotels such as Oceana and Habor View Inn. This user certainly hit the nail on the head!
Compared to its neighboring hotels, Beachside Inn was dark, gloomy, and had a low quality motel feel to it. It wouldn't be so bad if I paid less than $100 per night, but for a two night stay, I paid almost $400, which included the typical add-on fees.
There was nothing impressive about our room. The bathroom had a small standing shower that had no place to put your shampoo/conditioner. There were glass cups provided on the nightstand, which were dirty. I thought there was free wi-fi but I guess they were talking about the tiny outdated computer in the lobby. The front desk was definitely NOT friendly or approachable. The continental breakfast was your typical bagels, cream cheese, bread, PB&J, fruit, cereal, coffee variety, which was just fine. Having breakfast was one of the few Pro's of this place.
The only other Pro's would be the location. It was only a few blocks from Stearns Wharf and State Street. But like I said, the neighboring hotels appeared to be much nicer, including Harbor View Inn, which a couple we met bragged was an amazing hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Beachside Inn, perfectly located just across the street and a few minutes walking distance from the harbor, pier and beaches of Santa Barbara. From our fantastic location, you can also enjoy a beautiful walk to "downtown" Santa Barbara, and experience all our world class dining and shopping. And to make life even easier, the Santa Barbara beachfront/downtown electric shuttle is available at our front door if you're planning to have an even more relaxing day while visiting. Our 60 room hotel will be sure to offer you the quaint charm, which represents Santa Barbara's essence. But we also offer some of the most modern conveniences. From our very hi-speed internet, to a fabulous continental breakfast and the latest in air conditioning / heating systems, we are all confident you will have a memorable visit here in Santa Barbara all handled by our fabulous staff.We look forward to welcoming all of you to our wonderful littleescape by the sea in beautiful Santa Barbara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Best Western, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Beachside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Beachside Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western