“Clean”

Best Western Beachside Inn
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
“Clean”
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Great service..we were able to check in early which was a plus..clean room.free upgrade to a harbor view room..and great location :)

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank hopeespy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Vienna, VA
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights in late April for my son's wedding. We found the staff to be extremely helpful -- actually going out of their way to help us at times! The entire motel was clean and neat. The location is excellent. The lobby/breakfast area is pretty small, but that's about the only thing negative I can say. I would stay here again for sure!!

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Watsonsdaughter
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

I was on a road trip from the Midwest to the coast and then traveling up the coast before turning east for home. I booked this stay with the help of the staff in San Diego. I arrived early had to only wait 30 minutes tor get in my room. I had a bay view room that was nice and clean on the third floor.

I am a large man that while I can get around, steps can be a challenge sometimes. Where you have to park is nowhere near the one elevator so I used the steps to my room. Once in, I was surprised to see in the information concerning the room there was no air or heat. There was something on the wall that gave the impression there was heat so I tried it and the room got warmer? I had a nice sleep after a nice meal from a local restaurant that delivered.
The room had an odd set up that head the head (toilet) in a separate little room. For me to use it, I had to close the door which is ok if the light works in the little room. Once the door is closed, you are in almost total darkness even though the light was on. Seemed to be about 10 watt bulb.

When I went to check out the next day, monday, the only elevator was closed so they could paint somewhere on the first floor so I had to carry my luggage down the steps to my car and then drove to ther lobby, of course there was no where to park so I had to drive out onto the main street, find a place to turn around and park down the road from the hotel.

The staff was very nice and informative. I found that on Sunday's there is a big craft show along the harbor which is nice if you are into that but forget about parking anywhere near the water. That is why I had food delivered.

The included breakfast was good, I had all I wanted to eat.

I'm not sure I would stay here again but some of what bothered me might have been out of the control of this property so..........

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Robertt W
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 23, 2012

A large group of our family stayed here for two nights for a wedding. The rooms were large and clean. We felt very safe. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included in the price but it was average at best. I wasnt expecting cooked to order eggs though.
Negatives- small lobby which doubled as the breakfast room. No restrooms in or near the lobby. I had to go to my room on the 3 rd floor to use the bathroom. Positives- staff, clean rooms and location, location, location!

Room Tip: 3rd floor facing the park is a great spot. Room 306 gives you ocean and park views
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TTidball
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night only as part of a road trip. The road trip was booked with Virgin but we booked this hotel independently and were really happy with our choice. Staff really friendly (unusual we found on the west coast) and worked really hard. Room was spot on, spacious, fully equipped and the cleanest out of all our stays on the trip. Concerned at first about the motel appearance (unusual for us Brits used to hotels) but was not disappointed. Location perfect too. Santa Barbara lovely and will stay at this hotel again when we revisit! Only downside was the sneaky parking charge $3 not told at the time of booking...

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Clembo81
Walnut Creek, CA
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years. While I have great friends in town it is not always an option to stay with them, and the BW Beachside is where I land when needing a hotel in SB.
Things I like about this hotel:

LOCATION! Right across from the breakwater, easy walk to the pier. We always have a view of either the ocean or the park across the street. The exterior of this hotel is nothing short of utilitarian and ugly. I am thankful for that. I have dropped in and gotten rooms for a very fair and reasonable price. I think this is because many travelers would not select this hotel on curb appeal alone.

Big Rooms. This is an older hotel and the rooms are large and comfortable.

Free self parking. (It might be $3/night now. Either way better than the $25+ many competitor hotels charge).

Great staff- always helpful and friendly.

Only problem we have, which has become an ongoing joke, is that the key cards often do not work and we make several trips to the front desk. Yes I know about keeping them away from cell phones magnets etc. I think there is something up with their machine or the people that run it. We have had cards not work at check in, even after 2-3 new cards being issued.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor ocean view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank mebber
Hawthorne
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I just wanted to pass along an endorsement of the Best Western Beachside Inn.

My wife wanted a mini vacation and so we used an Amtrak gift card we had and went to Santa Barbara since I'd never been on a train.

I booked for $127 a night, the BW Beachside Inn and was pleasantly surprised. I got a good sized balcony with two chairs overlooking the harbor. Room 322 had a view of the wharf and the sunrise. The motel is right on Cabrillo Blvd which runs along the waterfront and it sits on the corner of Castillo across from a large park. The harbor is across the street and its a 5 minute stroll to the pier.

Freshly remodeled with very nice appointments...great bed, furniture, nice carpets, flat screen tv, ceiling fan, fresh and clean bathroom, modern AC unit, motion sensor lights, upholstered sitting chair, desk, free internet, decent continental breakfast with mini omelets and the usual. The photos on the website are accurate.

Staff was friendly and efficient when I made the reservation and in person. They have rooms surrounding a nice little rectangle shaped pool heated to 95 and lovely plantings all around. Don't get me wrong, it's not a big fancy 4-5 star resort for clients who want that, but it doesn't have any rough edges and was very pleasant. AAA gives it 2 diamonds but I'd bump that to 3...though it doesn't have some of the amenities like an onsite restaurant etc.

The parking lot is huge and is very pretty with towering trees and landscaping. I read on Yelp about a $3 fee to park but I didn't ask since we were on the train.

The train station is a 10 minute level walk.

Anyhow, just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed the Beachside Inn.

• Stayed April 2012