“Best ice cream!”

McConnell's Fine Ice Creams
Ranked #1 of 23 Dessert in Santa Barbara
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Almost 70 years later, we make our ice creams as we always have: from scratch, in small batches, with Central Coast, grass-grazed milk & cream we pasteurize from raw at our creamery at The Old Dairy (c. 1934) And the finest local, sustainable and organic, raw ingredients, sourced from partner farms, artisans and purveyors we've worked with, in many cases, for decades.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Really good ice cream with interesting flavors but tons of flavors to choose from! I'm not a big ice cream person but I definitely recommend this place! The line is out the door so it must mean that it's THAT good right? Right!

There are newer reviews for McConnell's Fine Ice Creams

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Whenever I get a calling for ice cream this is the spot to go in SB. The blueberry ice cream with blackberry topping is the best combination I've ever had. You get the sweet blueberry vanilla swirl with the tart of the blackberry. Awesome!!!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I recently visited family in Santa Barbara. They innocently asked me and my wife if we liked ice cream. I was unprepared for the experience we were about to have. As we entered, we saw an entire wall displaying countless movie stars, celebrities, and VIPs. This was no big deal compared to the high quality, old school ice cream parlor experience we were about to experience at the McConnell's Ice Cream Parlor on Mission Street (the original). Everyone in our party were veteran ice cream aficionados who had visited McConnel's frequently over the years. But, my wife and I had a hard time choosing which ice cream to order. They gave us samples of at least ten different ice creams but it was impossible to find only one favorite. I ended up getting a two scoop chocolate-covered cone with double peanut butter/chocolate ice cream on the bottom and Eureka/Marrionberry, a new flavor on top. Was it memorable?, I visited McConnell's almost every day of my visit. You can't miss this iconic ice cream parlor and consider your Santa Barbara experience complete. The scoopers were delightful and enthusiastic making each visit as memorable as the first.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I love ice cream and this is some of the best ice cream I have ever had. They have a pretty vast selection. I tasted 4 or 5 different flavors and they were all excellent. All of their ice cream is made without all of the poisonous garbage and fillers that most ice cream is made of. It has no trans fats and they use cage free eggs to make their ice cream. It is delicious and besides the fat and sugar it is as good for you as ice cream can be :)

They also make their own waffle cones which are absolutely tasty. Not much else to say because you can only say so much about a place that only serves ice cream but you will be missing out if you don't have a cone there. It is a must stop during your outing.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I ate here after dinner. This ice cream was so good. There was a bit of a line outside but it was well worth it. I ordered 2 scoops of ice cream which the portions were huge. I definitely will be back