“Wonderful restaurant with perfectly cooked food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bouchon

Bouchon
Reserve with OpenTable
Bouchon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 528 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State
Description: Farm-to-table gem in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. The Original California bouchon, menu features local produce and wines. Charming rustic ambience with hardwood floors, open kitchen and inviting patio. Service is warm, friendly and informed.
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful restaurant with perfectly cooked food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We booked based on other reviews and I was delighted we did, as you would not find this because its off the main street.Four of us had a table in the small courtyard which is very pretty. There were a mix of locals having meals with friends, celebrating anniversaries and one hen night (the only one I have ever seen where the whole party only drank water).

All of us were impressed with the delicious dishes, especially the presentation and flavour combinations. We all eat out regularly and agreed this meal stood out.

Our waiter was helpful and knowledgeable.

The wine list is excellent and we thought it was not overpriced. The mark ups were very low by comparison with London restaurants.

If you want a special meal in a pleasant setting then I would recommend this restaurant to you.

• Korean first
Irvine
“beautiful romantic but some of the entrees were disappointing and service spotty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

went for romantic dinner there. Sat on patio outside w/ fountain and they had rose petals on our table for our special occasion dinner. Appetizers were good, White corn puree and crab cakes were good. We had the seabass which was ok but the bed of potatoes and carrots were not cooked enough/half raw.. The salmon was good but the vegetables/potatoes were also not fully cooked. We told this to the waiter but we told him we didn't need to send the entrees back but will just eat the fish. After that we never saw the waiter again for the rest of night and he ignored us for the rest of the night until we asked for the check. Another staff came to check on us for the rest of the night and we ordered dessert and coffee w/ her. Romantic atmosphere but disappointing food and horrible service.

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Hi visited following recommendation by concierge at hotel lovely atmosphere food very nice I had sea bass lovely fresh and beautiful served. Friends had lamb and duck equally as Good. Wine a pricey even though its
local. Nice for special occasion

Little Torch Key, Florida
“Another Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I did the Fresh Market Stroll on Tuesday afternoon and then dined at Bouchon Tuesday evening. I learned a lot diring the Stroll and then had an excellent meal with wine pairings.

The food is best described as traditional Euorpean. We founf Bouchon's interpretation to be executed very well. Portion size was more than edequate. I had the braised pork shank. I highly recommend this dish. It was accompanied by red cabbage. The cabbage had worried me as it is often way too sweet for my taste. Not this time. I really enjoyed it.

The wine pairings were all local wines and were well chosen for the dishes we selected.

PS don't miss the pork belly!

Visited September 2013
Veldhoven, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place I've been in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

To start, I'm a bit biased as my boyfriend proposed to me here :) However, this restaurant was amazing. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The food was delicious (although the prices were a bit steep). My fiance had arranged the proposal beforehand together with the staff. They were amazing! Also, the location/decor was very nice. If you're in Santa Barbara, please visit this beautiful restaurant :)

• Visited August 2013