“Great place!”
Review of Bouchon

Bouchon
Reserve with OpenTable
Bouchon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 534 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State
Description: Farm-to-table gem in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. The Original California bouchon, menu features local produce and wines. Charming rustic ambience with hardwood floors, open kitchen and inviting patio. Service is warm, friendly and informed.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great place!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I went to Bouchon for my 60th birthday. I had made reservations and asked to have a romantic table outside for my birthday. When we arrived, we were escorted to a cozy little table outside with rose petals sprinkled around the table. It was lovely!
The service was awesome... a reall team effort and it works smoothly...very attentive but not overbearing. The wine was incredible. The food was very good...not WOW but you could tast the freshness. When we ordered dessert, they brough it with a candle...very nice!! Thanks!!

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Villa Park, California
“Overall, an excellent dinning experience.”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Celebrated our 40TH anniversary on Saturday evening and Bouchon lived up to our expectation.
While my wife's duck breast was slightly beyond pink for my taste, and my venison was a tad on the blue side of rare, both were well seasoned and delicious. The ambiance was quaint but fairly casual for the caliber of the restaurant - I guess that's Santa Barbara. The service and wait staff was very attentive without being intrusive, and went out of their way to make our special occasion very enjoyable. I'd rate it at 4 1/2 out of 5 for only very minor exceptions.

• Visited August 2013
Arlington, VA
“50% perfection”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The setting is lovely. Aaron, our wait person was charming, wine knowledgeable and accommodating. Presentation was perfect. The corn soup and duck were great. The peach salad was ordinary and the tuna, tho rare, was tasteless except for the herb coating which tasted like weeds. The BEST thing tasted was "Rosie's Chuckles" a chocolate desert so stunningly perfect we would consider flying to Santa Barbara, to enjoy it. Normally we don't order chocolate anything, but we are glad we broke with routine. The wine list is filled with an extensive collection of local wines, fairly priced and poured to enjoy.

Visited August 2013
Palm Springs, California
“Okay, but not the cat's meow...”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Overrated from the reviews I read here and on Yelp. The onion soup was mediocre, the duck less than succulent and the desert, disappointing. Though it was clearly popular with visitors, and the service was quite good, I was disappointed with the food, given the price, and the ambience, while pleasant, felt more like an overpacked grind restaurant than a place to take someone on a special occasion. I also had to send the first glass of wine I ordered back, as it had clearly turned. I'd advise ordering wine by the bottle rather than by the glass (I was with a tea-totaller, who wasn't interested in drinking wine, and subsequently ordered a half-bottle to avoid a repeat of the foul experience I had with the first wine-by-the-glass I ordered).

Visited July 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“A pleasant place for dinner”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Service was excellent and the food was fresh. We were extremely happy with the Baked Brie and the refreshing Chocolate Peanut Parfait ‘Chuckle’. The seafood items were also tasty. It is a good place to get satisfying food after a long day out in the ocean.

• Visited August 2013