“Best meal of the trip”
Review of Bouchon

Reserve with OpenTable
Bouchon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 555 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State
Description: Farm-to-table gem in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. The Original California bouchon, menu features local produce and wines. Charming rustic ambience with hardwood floors, open kitchen and inviting patio. Service is warm, friendly and informed.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

From beginning to end, everything about my meal here was phenomenal. The crab cake appetizer was a favorite of everyones, I think it might be the best one I've ever had. For an entree I had the Wagyu beef served with a truffled potato cake, but were extremely tasty. The wine that we paired our meal with definitely made the meal even better. I was actually impressed with the prices for such a high end place (most entrees were around $30's), but the wine can run your bill up quickly so be aware. Great value though for the meal, good portions, excellent flavor and variety, and an overall great experience. A few tables are placed on the patio, call ahead early and make sure to request one of these. Ask to be seated in Tony's section, he's great!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was the best dining experience we have had in a long while.
We split the mushroom appetizer, roasted beet salad, and duck with the recommended wine pairings for each. Everything was delicious.
The waitstaff were all very professional and helpful.
Vive la Bouchon! We'll be back.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our dinner at Bouchon was one of the best of our entire trip including some special spots in San Francisco. So many things made it a special meal - the great service, incredible wine list, vibrant atmosphere and spectacular food.

Bouchon relies heavily on local produce and this greatly enhanced the meal. For starters our group had the lobster pot pie (extremely tasty and not too heavy), tartine aux champignons (the mishrooms were delightful) and the fresh beet salad. We all had fish for our entree - the salmon was amazing and perfectly cooked and the black cod special a great dish. We splurged on dessert - resisting the dessert menu was futile! The molten lava chocolate cake and spiced date & marcona cake we're sinfully good and my wife thoroughly enjoyed the cheese selection.

The wine list was most impressive with an extensive selection of wines almost exclusively from the central coast region. Our waiter helped us navigate the list and found a great alternative when our first choice wasn't available.

Bouchon is definitely a "must do" when in Santa Barbara.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My friends and I had a delicious dinner here the other night! Our server was extremely attentive, and really seemed to care about all of the little details- for example, he took care in suggesting a wine to go with my friend's dinner, and he noticed my other friends slightly shivering and offered to turn up the heater. I would highly recommend the braised pork belly appetizer- PHENOMENAL! I wish I could eat that every day, because I would!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had 9 p.m. reservations (after our dinner at Olio's because we couldn't get into Bouchon earlier - we even begged our hotel to help us get in - no dice) and it was a wonderful after dinner experience. The wine was absolutely amazing...their sommelier was extremely informative and gave us the best selection available for what we were looking for. Service was great and the desserts were wonderful - including the beautiful 50th Birthday dessert for my sister - lit candle included. We wish we could of had dinner there too - I'm sure it would of been just as amazing as dessert.