“Delightful but Pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bouchon

Bouchon
Reserve with OpenTable
Bouchon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 528 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State
Description: Farm-to-table gem in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. The Original California bouchon, menu features local produce and wines. Charming rustic ambience with hardwood floors, open kitchen and inviting patio. Service is warm, friendly and informed.
Inland Empire
“Delightful but Pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We recently enjoyed a birthday celebration dinner at this cozy restaurant. The service was impeccable with just the right amount of conversation and attention from our waiter, Hunter. Even the hostess made you feel special as she ushered you to your table. Don't expect a free dessert for your birthday, just rose petals. We enjoyed all our appetizers (crab cakes are great!), entrees and dessert. Even though it seemed a bit over-priced, we would probably come back again for a special occasion.

• Korean first
New York City, New York
“Out of this World!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I am usually weary of places that are super popular because I fear that I will be sorely disappointed. This was NOT the case with Bouchon.

The Good:

*Services was spectacular. From being greeted to being served to being bid goodnight - every single person working in this restaurant was amazing.

*The Food was phenomenal. I personally tasted the Crab cakes, tomato soup, and sea bass and they were out of this world. Truly. My husband had the chicken, my FIL the steak, and the kitchen even whipped up a pasta with vegetables for my 7-year-old and it was fantastic. Everything is fresh and delicious in it's simplicity.

*The decor is simple but welcoming. Loved sitting on the patio.

The Bad:

*Aside from some slightly bitter decaf I really can't think of a thing.

Thank you Bouchon for making my trip to Santa Barbara so special. Your restaurant was definitely the highlight of my entire weekend!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ameenadin
Montreal, Canada
“Good wine and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We booked this restaurant at the last minute and we were in a separate room from the main area, I think that we had the last available We loved the service as well as the food but our waiter was a bit snooty. We would recommend this restaurant but it would be advisable to make a reservation to enjoy the romantic and cozy ness atmosphere of the terrasse.

Detroit, Michigan
“A Hidden Gem on Victoria Street”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I do not recall how we came across this restaurant, I can just say that I am really glad that we did. It is a family owned restaurant. The owner was on-site. The restaurant is quaint and charming. Very welcoming. It is very busy, so I would recommend reservations if they accept them. They only offer beer and wine, no alcohol but they have a wonderful selection of California wines and a sommelier that is quite knowledgable. They have an open kitchen and the food presentations that come out of it are awesome. Beautifully designed and delicious. The starter courses are fairly large, so you could split them. We had a beautiful tomato salad, the french onion soup, a chicken entree and chocolate cake. There wasn't a morsel left on the plate. Excellent, very friendly, extremely attentive service. Will definitely go back the next time we are in SB.

San Diego, Texas
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Never visiting Santa Barbara before I used trip advisor to find a restaurant with delicious food and a great atmosphere.
Bouchon did not disappoint! Delicious food, EXCELLENT customer service, and the outside patio made it a perfect evening for my boyfriend and I.
John was the restaurant manager on that night- he called a few hours before our reservation to confirm, we had happened to be delayed because of traffic on our way up and he and the other host were more then willing to re-arrange our reservations.
John was very personable and friendly. He even took the time to give us advice and even map out what wineries we should visit during our stay.
The food was delicious (we tried the sea bass and steak) and the customer service was excellent. I would definitely come back next time I am in town!