“Excellent.”
Review of Bouchon

Bouchon
Reserve with OpenTable
Bouchon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 553 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State
Description: Farm-to-table gem in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. The Original California bouchon, menu features local produce and wines. Charming rustic ambience with hardwood floors, open kitchen and inviting patio. Service is warm, friendly and informed.
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Over the years we have dined at Bouchon many times. It's always the highlight of our visits to Santa Barbara.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

It is easy for Bouchon to get my highest rating. Everything was simply wonderful. It is easily one of the best places to go and may be one of the best places we've been. The seabass was truly magnificent. The wine list is very local but extensive. Our server poured his recommendation (forgot) which was excellent.

You can sit outside on the porch or inside the dining room. Both are good choices.

If you like high end dining as we do, you will love Bouchon. We were complimented on our reservation by the staff at our bed and breakfast (the Cheshire Cat Inn, also highly recommended) and we found out why. I hope you do too. You could not be disappointed. Further, you won't leave hungry. Do note: the picture I have attached is a half portion of the seabass. My wife and I split it as I was with the flu and couldn't have eaten much anyway.

Go to Bouchon. You'll love it.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

Casual and elegant. Bouchon was a real find. My husband and I had been apart for Valentines day and we met up in Santa Barbara. I wanted to take him out for a special dinner. Found good reviews on the internet from multiple sources, and so, even though our concierge was making other suggestions, we chose Buchon.

Cool night in SB, we were seated on the patio and it was warm and magical. Abe our waiter was attentive and gracious. I have recently diagnosed food allergies, and Abe found wonderful menu selections customized for my needs.The chef even whipped up a gluten-dairy free succotash to go with the duck which was the best I've had anywhere. I only had one glass of wine and I asked for a less expensive choice than the high point pinot noir that was recommended with my dish. The glass that I had was perfection for this meal.Fresh flavorful, foodie oasis.

John the sommelier is delightful. I wish we could clone him.

Great restaurant for a comfortable, memorable evening and meal.

Reviewed February 8, 2011

When an establishment can offer a quaint, intimate, outdoor patio with fountains, along with a knowledgeable waiter who is the essence of helpfulness, that alone would almost be enough to merit that venue as a verifiable great restaurant. However, anyone knows that it is almost always about the food, and the culinary expertise behind the dishes being prepared at Bouchon is peerless. There may be equals out there, but I cannot say that anyone out there is markedly better.

Bouchon has a wonderful localized wine menu, along with a tuna entree with green beans and a white bean puree that I will automatically return for next time in Santa Barbara. We paired our identical entrees with a glass of local wine, and we shared a starter of crab cakes. I wish I had an ounce of room left for dessert, but a day of wine tasting had sapped me of any desire for another bite. The experience was so wonderful and perfect that I got engaged at the conclusion of the meal. Bouchon provided a flawless dining experience.

1  Thank orange-u-tall
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I had seen this restaurant mentioned on the food network. My husband I decided to try it for our anniversary and we are so glad we did! Everything was great. Food was fantastic. Wine list was amazing. Waiters were knowledgeable. And Atmosphere was great. Will go again and will recommend to friends!