“Great food and service”

Carlitos Cafe y Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Carlitos Cafe y Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 551 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had a great experience at Carlitos. The food was excellent and we had great service. I was surprised to see that is was not ranked higher on Tripadvisor for Santa Barbara because it was the best meal we had on our trip.

The dining room is pretty standard restaurant, nothing to get excited about. However they do offer outside seating with live music on the weekends.

You can valet park there if street parking is not available.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Manager Stace made our night. He insured I had a top notch Steak with these awesome cheese stuffed green peppers. We were a party of 6 on a Friday nite. He gave us a great table in front of the live Guitar and Violin duo, and we really enjoyed the evening.

1  Thank CocoSwartz
Reviewed June 12, 2013

excellent mexican food enjoyed the ambience outside,although a little chilly the heaters were on and the band was playing so in all a pleasant experience. We shared a grill platter with all the trimmings, salsa, salads and enjoyed.

1  Thank karinr613
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our friends had recommended Los Arroyos but when we went to see it it was kind of dive-y. Carlitos was excellent from the food (modern Mex) to the ambience to our service - we'll be back on our next trip to SB!

1  Thank pcas55
Reviewed May 21, 2013

some of the best Mexican food I've ever had. Although, one day I ordered a Chicken sandwich and got an entirely different meal delivered. I didn't tell the waitress, because it looked so good (grilled chicken with black beans and rice), and it was, I ate the whole thing. Their guacamole was fantastic as well. I preferred eating here at lunch, but a dinner here might be okay if that's what you want.

1  Thank Writer/Director