“Veg heaven”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Travelling thru the USA can be a veggie nightmare. But Soujorner is a bit if veggie heaven. Gt sized portions and good value too. I had a large salad that would've served two!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stopped for lunch because of the option to get soup, sandwhich or breakfast items. It is a very "hippy dippy" sort of place, and we were very comfortable, with two folks in their late 50s and two in their 90s. The elders split a single plate, and it came all ready to do so with an extra plate. My tempeh tostada salad was tasty and nicely spiced. The piece of chocolate cake with burnt buttecream frosting was absolutely outstanding. Far and away the best version of a "homemade" style cake I have had at a restaurant in years. Lots of delicious and real buttercream frosting, incredibly dark chocolate cake. Generous serving too. Also fun was looking across the street to the historic adobe, where adobe manufacturing and whitewashing by students was ongoing.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

My favorite restaurant in Santa Barbara. Tasty, healthy food, welcoming atmosphere, and friendly staff.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I ate here about a month ago. The tempeh ruben was quite tasty, the sandwich was vegetarian yet filling. The server was a little moody, and gave more attention to a larger table than ours. The wait for service got a little annoying. However, the deserts made up for it. The strength of this place was its deserts. The cookies are excellent. If you want to go for desert in Santa Barbara, you should stop here.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We actually ate there twice. Once just walking by a grabbing dessert (good pie). Liking the vibe we came back for dinner. Don't be fooled by the understated look, this place gets busy and there is a wait. The food is mostly local and very fresh. Both my wife and I left very full. Best place we ate in Santa Barbara.