“Great Bistro Spot”

Ranked #59 of 570 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were looking for a good place for a group that was going to hit the road after dinner. We waivered about where to go, and decided a nice dinner in a comfortable dining room would be just the thing. Louie's was the perfect choice. Great spot. Friendly and attentive service. The food was good. My wife and I split halibut which was grilled to perfect and delicious, with a side of fresh local vegetables. The rest of our group was equally pleased with a pasta selection and the sole. We will be back.

1  Thank Gaviota805

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am not a foodie, but this restaurant has the best food in Southern California. The grilled shrimp appetizers are something not to be missed. On top of the great food, the atmosphere is just perfect. It is not a huge restaurant so you will get great service and not be lost in the crowd. You also have the option of dinning on the porch if you prefer to eat outside.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Having read some of the previous reviews about poor service I must say that I found the service top notch with absoloutely nothing but praise for the staff. Both of the meals were the best I ate in 3 weeks in the US. We enjoyed the food and service so much we went back there the following night. Eat here and you will not regret it.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had lunch here and the food was superb! No heavy sauces here - light and tasty! Service was exceptional. We enjoyed so much we also had dinner there.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I travel frequently and decided to "treat" myself to dinner at Louie's. The restaurant could stand to upgrade the outdoor seating...for what i spent on wine and fod, I expected something nicer than plastic. Food was good. Service was snooty and slow. At a restaurant of ths supposed quality, I shouldn't have to ask to have my water glass filled. My waiter wasn't even the one to bring my bill and no one thanked me for dining or asked how my meal was. I was disappointed.