“The best food!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Louie's
Ranked #66 of 526 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Los Angeles, California
“The best food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am not a foodie, but this restaurant has the best food in Southern California. The grilled shrimp appetizers are something not to be missed. On top of the great food, the atmosphere is just perfect. It is not a huge restaurant so you will get great service and not be lost in the crowd. You also have the option of dinning on the porch if you prefer to eat outside.

• Visited October 2012

London, England
“We liked it so much we went back the following night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Having read some of the previous reviews about poor service I must say that I found the service top notch with absoloutely nothing but praise for the staff. Both of the meals were the best I ate in 3 weeks in the US. We enjoyed the food and service so much we went back there the following night. Eat here and you will not regret it.

Virginia
“Nice place off the beaten path to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had lunch here and the food was superb! No heavy sauces here - light and tasty! Service was exceptional. We enjoyed so much we also had dinner there.

Visited August 2012
Charlotte, NC
“Good food...terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I travel frequently and decided to "treat" myself to dinner at Louie's. The restaurant could stand to upgrade the outdoor seating...for what i spent on wine and fod, I expected something nicer than plastic. Food was good. Service was snooty and slow. At a restaurant of ths supposed quality, I shouldn't have to ask to have my water glass filled. My waiter wasn't even the one to bring my bill and no one thanked me for dining or asked how my meal was. I was disappointed.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Palm City, Florida
“Terrific food, lousy service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Food is first-rate -- from the bread to the entrees (sole was wonderful) -- and setting also is appealing (we were on the veranda outside). But service was stunningly poor. We dined there Aug. 26, a Sunday night. Young waiter grew increasingly rude and disinterested once he learned we were skipping "starters" and going straight from wine to entrees. Meanwhile, the fellow who brought us water and bread was pleasant and attentive. We have dined around the world in many restaurants and rarely have experienced a server so openly dismissive. I did something I never do -- didn't leave a tip. As we left, I handed $10 to the attendant who brought us water and bread. He did more for us than the server.

• 1 of 5 bubbles