“Joe's What More Can I Say?”
Review of Joe's Cafe

Joe's Cafe
Ranked #31 of 534 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Joe's Cafe, a venerable Santa Barbara dining and drinking institution, is the oldest restaurant in the city. Over the years, it has become a favorite for locals and tourists alike, who mingle over cocktails or chat during dinner in a buzzing, traditional atmosphere. The exceptional ambiance underscores its rich heritage and long history. Our menu is hand crafted, modern American favorites in generous portions. Diners can find everything from prime steaks and chops, savory lamb shank, market fresh seafood and vegetables, classic sandwiches, pastas, daily soups, burgers, vegetarian entrees, and salads.
Orange County, CA
“Joe's What More Can I Say?”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Another local eatery which my wife & I love to visit when we come into town. Be aware though.... you might have to wait to get a table, timing is everything. Food and service is wonderful & you won't go away hungry.

I did try a Bloody Mary last time I was there sine our server suggested it. I would never order one again, just my preference.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
West Linn, Oregon
“Friday dinner”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Went with my brother and parents on my brother's recommendation. The drinks are the stiffest drinks as the ad says. All of the food is tasty (I had the fried chicken which I was unable to finish in one sitting). Atmosphere was great and everyone came by to talk to my brother.

Santa Barbara, California
“Very noisy”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The food is typical of bar food... steaks and chops and pasta... I found it so noisy one could not converse with table-mates. Wild during a game but the drinks are good.

Monterey, California
“Gross overpriced food”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were traveling with our one-year-old and were looking for a family dinner before checking into our hotel and getting him to bed early. After seeing that most restaurants in the area don't open/serve dinner until at least 5:30, we popped into Joe's as the menu seemed decent and family friendly. The staff was ok, a little annoyed that we needed a few minutes to settle and look at the menu. The disappointment really kicked in once we received our food. We started with the calamari--gross. Awful. Worst we've ever tasted! We both ordered sandwhiches: the pastrami and the open-faced steak sandwich. The pastrami was just ok. The steak was so unevenly cooked that half remained on the plate as it was almost completely raw. The "greens" salad was iceberg. Yuck. French fries tasted freezer burnt. Gross. It was disappointing to see how much we had spent and would have been far better off at Subway again.

oxford
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I visited Joe's again after a 30 year break and many happy memories. I am glad to say little has changed in that time and Joe's retains the character that I so much loved all those years ago. The breakfast I had was great, eggs cooked perfectly, crispy bacon, hash browns accompanied by delicious fluffy panckes. The service was excellent too and our waitress could not have been more helpful.

• Visited January 2012