“Surf and Turf Satisfactin”

Santa Barbara FisHouse
Ranked #58 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Reviewed September 27, 2016

My family took me here for my birthday because it was convenient for everyone's schedule. We had other first choices but they weren't open on Mondays so we landed up here. The restaurant use to be a Chart House Restaurant & it still has some of its vibe. The surroundings were pleasant and the staff were attentive. We had a toddler with us and you know how they can get loud when they are excited but we felt that this restaurant made for a comfortable atmosphere. As far as food, we had 9 people with us and 9 different meals and all of us liked what we had to eat just fine, just trying to be subjective. So with that in mind, it was a good place to celebrate.

Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

Service was spot on at this place, staff all very attentive and friendly, and brought us lovely chilled water straight away. Great variety on the menu at reasonable prices. Im not a fish eater so it was nice to see a few options on the menu that took my fancy too. Food arrived quickly and was presented very well. thankfully, I noticed straight away that my chicken wasn't cooked so sent it back. Was a little disappointed that I wasn't brought a new one but they had just put mine back on the grill. I was also disappointed that we weren't given the dish complimentary or at least some compensation for the inconvenience. The food, when cooked, was very good and the atmosphere was lively. Overall not a bad experience and would still recommend!

1  Thank Fiona L
Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant many different times with different people and it's always been great! I've never had a bad meal and the staff is very friendly. Today I ate the Caesar salad with grilled shrimp. They are actually "prawns" not shrimp. I had 6 very nice prawns with a delicious salad! My husband had Mahi Mahi and he enjoyed it. Our friends had salmon and halibut. They ate everything on their plates! It's a great location with a parking lot too. I'd recommend it for couples and families alike.

1  Thank Kathleen S
Reviewed September 26, 2016

We had heard many positive reviews but were disappointed when we went....great atmosphere, lively and buzzing but the actual food was a let down. Not as fresh as expected and "fast food" like.

1  Thank ladyjet88
justine b, Guest Relations Manager at Santa Barbara FisHouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2016

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere while dining with us. We receive in fresh produce and proteins daily and apologize that your meal did not represent that. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 20, 2016 via mobile

Service was really good and our meals arrived very fast. The food was delicious. For oyster lovers I recommend their fresh oysters. They are quite large and very fresh. Our fish dishes were very tasty too. I recommend to visit this place for fish and seafood lovers.

1  Thank Ohauiti