“Great drinks!”

Santa Barbara FisHouse
Ranked #20 of 531 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Glendale, California
“Great drinks!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Last night, marks my second visit to the Santa Barbara Fishhouse. The first was in February, where I had an outstanding tuna dish. Last night, my boyfriend and I, each ordered to crab leg dinner.

It was good, but probably not the thing to order here. It came with a side salad or soup (we went with the awesome clam chowder) and had a side of onion rings. I wish that instead of the rings, it had come with vegetables. I left with my stomach in knots from too much butter, cream and fried food. Yummy, but an unbalanced meal. We ended by sharing the chocolate mousse, which was delicious, but also too much fat and sugar, after that dinner. It was our fault for making bad choices, as this restaurant is awesome.

I love the ambiance, it's pretty and right across from the pier.

Our server was competent, but not exactly friendly.

Order the Pineapple Upside Down Cake drink- wow!

Overall, another lovely meal at the Fishouse, although next time we will order a fillet, rather than the crab.

Santa Barbara, California
“excellent halibut”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We went for a special occasion....both had the macadamia crusted halibut and it was delicious...had coconut. shrimp as appetizer and it was spot on too. This place is more casual than when it was a previous restaurant but seems more friendly, cozy, bar area with sports TV.
We were in the far smaller room and it was noisy because of the acoustics so maybe ask for a table in the mid section. Service was good.

only problem was the lava cake..wasn't warmed properly (or at all)...they took it back but then it was burnt on the edges. Flavor was good, just need some technique improvement...and they comped it.

1 Thank puddyfoote
California
“A little overpriced and noisy.”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We went early to avoid the crowds, but found that it was still noisy. The food was decent, but seemed a little overpriced for what we received. Nothing truly inspiring.

Visited August 2012
Grass Valley, California
“Some hits, some misses”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had some really good things, (the blood orange margarita was surprisingly very good) and my Halibut was good and cooked to perfection. My husband had the sole and it was also good. The biggest miss was the bacon wrapped scallops. I don't know what we were thinking ordering those but the the bacon totally overwhelms the scallops and the BBQ sauce they were served with just too much. Each part was very tasty and done well, but not together!
Overall, the location and the atmosphere help push this over average.

Santa Barbara, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very average corporate restaurant> so many better in town”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Does have a great fire pit outside to get hammered stare at the fire on a cool evening. Macadamin halibut?? some fish is a winner