“Great food, friendly atmoshpere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Palace Grill

The Palace Grill
Ranked #16 of 526 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established in 1985, The Palace Grill is a Santa Barbara landmark restaurant featuring authentic New Orleans-inspired cuisine and a fun, lively atmosphere. Winner of The Santa Barbara's Independent Reader's Poll for "Best Restaurant Service". Located in Santa Barbara's charming Old Town district, The Palace Grill has something for everyone. Our menu features a wide range of contemporary American Grill items with a focus on authentic Southern and Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffee, New Orleans Bar-B-Que Shrimp, Blackened Filet Mignon, and delicious daily "Menu Additions". In addition we have a number of exciting Caribbean dishes and a line of Creole-Italian pastas. To insure that we remain authentic, the Palace routinely flies its staff to New Orleans to experience first-hand the magical quality of the city that has inspired the spirit of the Palace Grill. The Palace has been featured in dozens of national publications including Gourmet(R) Magazine, Bon Appetit(R) and USA TODAY(R). Throughout the years, The Palace has also been a favorite of culinary legends (including chef Julia Child and chef Wolfgang Puck) and has served its cuisine to countless global dignitaries - including 5 U. S. Presidents. At the Palace Grill, everyone shares one goal: to give our guests the most extraordinary dining experience possible: every time they visit. Besides our wonderful cuisine, The Palace is known for it's unique style of "Team Service" (which the Nation's Restaurant News called "an idea whose time has come") and our nostalgic nightly staff and guest Sing-A-Long to Louis Armstrong's iconic song - "What A Wonderful World." Come join the celebration known as "The Palace Grill Experience."
Granada Hills
“Great food, friendly atmoshpere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We love this place, won't miss it when we come in town. Staff is so friendly. Love the gumbo ya ya, filet mignon with Cajun Hollandaise, lamb chops are out of this world. (Ask them to separate the chops to get the center cooked the way you like - unless you like rare.) They also have a tasty appetizer of plantation fried chicken salad or the crawfish popcorn. They bring a variety of mini muffins to start, lovely. Not a fan of the bread pudding souffle they always ask if you'd like to order. I find it sticky, kinda gooey, and overly sweet. (Not really bread pudding or a souffle.) But hey, by dessert time you'll be stuffed!
They also serve martinis in a mason jar with a little martini glass. Cute, and paces your drinking to refill your glass - like you're getting two drinks!
They also have some sweet traditions with their guests, but I won't give away the surprise!

• Visited October 2013

Laughlin, Nevada
“Excellent as Expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had not been to The Palace Grill for about 15 years as I moved from the area, but upon my return, the place has not changed majorly, and that's a good thing. The drink menu has expanded greatly from only the Cajun martini and Caribbean Rum Punch. We shared the sampler platter, and it was worth the wait of 15 years. The Blackened New York Steak melted in your mouth and the Coconut Shrimp was a major hit. The Blackened Catfish was perfectly moist and the Chicken had a wonderful sauce, the dilled vegetables were perfectly cooked. The best for last; the Louisiana Bread Pudding with whiskey cream sauce and Ghirardelli chocolate was as good as my mother's (she doesn't use the whisky in her sauce, though). This was my wife's first visit, and though she was skeptical at first, was already talking about coming back before we left the table. The service was as great as I remembered. We will be back.

• Visited October 2013
Sandefjord, Norway
“Fun place!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We enjoyed the atmosphere and the service in the restaurant. I did not find the food that amazing, though. I had some jumbo shrimps that were soaked in black sauce, they were good, but it was a terrible mess to remove the shell.

They had some very good muffins that we were served while waiting for the meal.

The restaurant was packed. Midway during dinner we were handed a note with the lyrics to a song, and suddenly we were all singing a long with the staff to "What a wonderful world". It is one of my favorite songs, so I really enjoyed that.

All in all the culinary experience was only OK, but the total experience was great!

• Visited July 2013
Ko Samui, Thailand
“Good food & Johnny Cash”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed lunch, cool ambience & professional friendly service, food was good we had Popcorn crawfish appetizer & shared Jambalaya & Crawfish crab cake, both were excellent & improved with a good wine selection, on top of that Johnny Cash on the restaurant iPod

Calabasas, CA
“Just okay, don't understand the fuss over this place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Okay, first off, we came for lunch so maybe that explains part of our disappointment. I understand there is live music in the evening and it does sound like a fun atmosphere. That said, I'm sure the food is the same and we found it to be just okay, which surprises me because I know three people who live in the area that claim The Palace to be their favorite restaurant. Since there is no lunchtime music, it comes down to the food because there is no view or atmosphere at lunch. I started with the fried crawfish appetizer and found them to be very good, but it was downhill from there. My pasta was average and my wife's BBQ sandwich was not very good at all. The fries, however, were flavored well with a little cajun spice. We also had an order of beignets and thought they were heavy compared to those we've had elsewhere. I will say that the staff was very friendly. I suppose it would be worth a shot for an evening dinner with the live band, but next time in Santa Barbara we will choose somewhere else for lunch. Oh, one other thing, parking was difficult. We had to park on the street two blocks away because the nearest garage was full.

• Visited September 2013