“Santa Barbara Local favorite restaurant!”
Review of The Palace Grill

The Palace Grill
Ranked #18 of 530 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Established in 1985, The Palace Grill is a Santa Barbara landmark restaurant featuring authentic New Orleans-inspired cuisine and a fun, lively atmosphere. Winner of The Santa Barbara's Independent Reader's Poll for "Best Restaurant Service". Located in Santa Barbara's charming Old Town district, The Palace Grill has something for everyone. Our menu features a wide range of contemporary American Grill items with a focus on authentic Southern and Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffee, New Orleans Bar-B-Que Shrimp, Blackened Filet Mignon, and delicious daily "Menu Additions". In addition we have a number of exciting Caribbean dishes and a line of Creole-Italian pastas. To insure that we remain authentic, the Palace routinely flies its staff to New Orleans to experience first-hand the magical quality of the city that has inspired the spirit of the Palace Grill. The Palace has been featured in dozens of national publications including Gourmet(R) Magazine, Bon Appetit(R) and USA TODAY(R). Throughout the years, The Palace has also been a favorite of culinary legends (including chef Julia Child and chef Wolfgang Puck) and has served its cuisine to countless global dignitaries - including 5 U. S. Presidents. At the Palace Grill, everyone shares one goal: to give our guests the most extraordinary dining experience possible: every time they visit. Besides our wonderful cuisine, The Palace is known for it's unique style of "Team Service" (which the Nation's Restaurant News called "an idea whose time has come") and our nostalgic nightly staff and guest Sing-A-Long to Louis Armstrong's iconic song - "What A Wonderful World." Come join the celebration known as "The Palace Grill Experience."
Santa Barbara, California
“Santa Barbara Local favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We go numerous times throughout the year. Fantastic stuffed filet mignon. My wife always has the grilled Ahi. Cajun martini in great! Jalapeno muffins are the best! Errol and his staff always provide the best service. Highly recommended...you won't be dissatisfied!

• Visited May 2013

Los Angeles
“High Hopes.....”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

After reading all of the raving reviews, I was pretty excited to try this restaurant. Unfortunately after a long day at the casino, then a few hours at the winery, my group of 15 wasn't extremely hungry. We got there for the 1st dinner seating. Unfortunately, a lot of the simple plates such as Po Boy's cannot be ordered during dinner. So the majority of the ladies ended up ordering salads, and soups. I ordered the crawfish crab cakes and the fried chicken salad. The salad was good, but very small. The crawfish crab cakes weren't true "lump crab cakes". In my opinion they were kind of gummy. Although my friends that tasted them thought they were good. My girlfriend had the etoufee'. She enjoyed it. I wasn't impressed. The drinks were pretty good, but you get more ice than you do drink. While I must say that I would try this restaurant one more time for dinner (smaller group).... I don't think they were prepared for our group. We had reservations. The server took food orders for one end of the table, and drink orders for the other end. So while we're sitting there, one half of the table gets served. Our end sees this and we then call the waiter so we can order. Midway, the hostess comes and puts the rush on us telling us that a private party had booked the restaurant and we would have to leave soon. We felt that we were being rushed because we didn't order full dinners. Mind you this restaurant stays packed. We waited out front for 20-30 mins prior to opening. There was a long line out front. Restaurant packed with the first 10 mins of opening the doors.

I will write an updated review once I go back and try a dinner without a large party. But as of now, I'm not impressed. My best friend is from New Orleans. I've had true creole food. I'm going to give them one more try.

• Visited May 2013
Lake Arrowhead, California, United States
“Crawfish Étouffée to die for!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

A visit to Santa Barbara wouldn't be complete without lunch at The Palace. We like lunch there for the smaller portions and lower price. There isn't a bad thing on the menu, but be adventurous! Try something new! The poboys are good, but there are so many great dishes, why limit yourself to a sandwich? If you are really stuck for what to eat, the Crawfish Étouffée and the Crabcakes are proven winners!

The only way this restaurant could possibly be better (Palace chefs, are you listening?) is if they would go back to making the jalapeno cornbread muffins with enough jalapeno to actually have a little heat.

Give the Palace a try for lunch or dinner. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited June 2013
Santa Barbara, California
“A place to dine like royalty.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

If you wish to dine like a king or queen, I invite you to visit the Palace Grill @ 8 E. Cota St. in Santa Barbara, CA. It is not a large restaurant but makes up for that in hospitality and charm. It is always crowded with locals, so plan to dine early and you get seated right away.My wife Lynda and I dined there yesterday and were promptly seated by Karen, their very friendly hostess. Fernando, our waiter, quickly gave us menus, then came back with a basket of various tasting, mouth watering mini-muffins. There was apricot,corn, banana-nut, jalapeno and black strap molasses.
Lynda and I first split a starter you won't want to miss. It was Popcorn Cajun Crawfish. They are crisp little bite size pleasures which you dip in a sauce with a toothpick. We totally enjoyed them with the mini-muffins and our Firestone Double Barrelled Ale. Talk about a wonderful start to a meal! All the while the entire staff checked on us from time to time to be sure we were happy. Then on to the main courses. I had the Divers Scallops, which were perfectly cooked and accompanied by a superb mix of rice, tiny artichoke hearts, carmelized onions and mushrooms. Lynda treated herself to the Blackened Redfish, which was also perfectly done, and came with excellent veggies and potatoes. We were then so full that we had to forget ordering their heavenly Louisiana Bread Pudding Souffle,which we had enjoyed once before. After giving our heartfelt thanks to the staff, we floated home, totally satisfied!

• Visited June 2013
Newport Beach, California
“Can't Wait to Go Back!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Everything was fabulous! I love dining out in New Orleans and this is the only place outside of the Big Easy that I've been that has a true New Orleans feel.

The food was outstanding! The complimentary bread basket is filled with homemade mini-muffins. Wow, the Molasses ones were out-of-this-world delicious.

There's a fun joie-de-vivre in the air at The Palace Grill. They pass out a sing-along brochure and the whole restaurant celebrates with a toast while shaking hands with your neighbors. I know, this sounds corny, but it actually added to the evening.

Visited May 2013