“BUSY FAMILY STYLE ITALIAN RESTAURANT, AVERAGE FOOD”

Palazzio Trattoria Italiana
Ranked #331 of 547 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Four of us ate hear last Saturday night. We had to wait about 15 minutes for a table and were first ignored by the hostess. I asked the couple in front of us if they had put their name down on the list and they said they had not been greeted yet by the hostess either. Finally the hostess spoke to us and put our names on the list.
This place serves family style meals, so if you all want to eat something different, don't come here. The half size is for 2 people, full size 4 people. So it took a while for us all (my husband and myself and 2 teenagers) to agree on what we will share. We ordered one full size salad for the 4 of us and my husband and daughter ordered half size of roast chicken, potatoes and vegetables and my son and I ordered half size of a pasta dish with chicken and vegetables. The waitress was very rushed and spoke so fast we could not understand what she was saying. The salad came quickly but it took a while for the entrees to arrive. We were given small appetizer size plates for the entree meal. It was difficult eating pasta off of such a small place. My son just ate it out of the huge serving bowl.
The food was average. I don't think it was homemade pasta, which I would have preferred of course. My husband and daughter enjoyed the chicken. The bill came to around $55.00, which was fairly reasonable for 4 of us, and 2 beers. Not sure if I will come here again though.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

First time visiting Santa Barbara and liked the look of this place. It was very busy, so usually a sign that the food must be good! We were given a table right out front for two, which had just been vacated. Enjoyed the street Entertainers music from there. Had the loveliest, pleasant and efficient Waitress. No complaints about the food, very filling and tasty, though it did seem awhile in coming out. It was a balmy Tuesday evening and very busy in the Restaurant. I didn't realise just how big it was inside until I went in to use the bathroom, I loved the hand basins and light fittings, and was very clean. There is another big area out the back, which I thought had a lovely ambience and I liked the decor, unlike some other reviews I have since read here, Each to their own. Overall my Husband and I enjoyed the food very much, along with the great prices and atmosphere of happy people. Probably not for those who may be in a rush to get somewhere else, as food took awhile to come out and also we waited a bit for the bill.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Very large portions, but pasta was not for Italian taste: too soft (non "al dente") and cooked without salt.
Maybe ok for American taste, but not at all for Italian taste.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I ate here while attending a conference at the Bacara Resort, in July of 2013. This is an Italian Restaurant, but I question if the chef and or the owners, are Italian. The dishes are Italian, but cooked with no attention to how the ingredients are combined. My wife had tomato basil soup, a chicken/pasta dish and I, the Chicken Marsala.
We sampled each others entrees and found all the same, in that all ingredients: Marsala, tomato, etc., were overpowered by salt, to the extent that the only discernible favors were salt, basil and garlic.

The waitress was sweet, but got the orders wrong.

The soup went back and was taken off of our bill. But even with that, our check was almost $100.00. I had one beer and my wife a cocktail.

Don't waist your time, or your money!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The amounts were over the top which would have been fine but the flavor wasn't there. I love family style but I love it to taste like home cooking and this tasted like cafeteria food. No thanks