“Eccezionale!”

Olio E Limone Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Olio E Limone Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 530 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Lancaster, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eccezionale!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I go to Olio e Limone every time we are in Santa Barbara and are never disappointed. The food and service are outstanding. Most recently, we tried the eggplant and goat cheese ravioli and the eggplant souffle. Both were amazing. For dessert, try the panacotta. Smooth and creamy with a little balsamic poured on top....Perfezione!

• Visited July 2013

“Nice ambiance and good food”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a great spot for good upscale Italian food. We had good service and loved the cozy atmosphere.

• Visited July 2012
arkansas
“A disappointment”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I would agree the food was good however the service was probably the worst I have experienced in years. This was one time that I seriously considered asking the 20% automatic tip to be removed from the bill. We were a group of 10 adults, 3 children(12, 8, 2...all well behaved). We were celebrating my mother's 80th birthday and had an early seating at 5:45 PM on a Saturday night. We weren't acknowledged by the waiter after we were seated for over fifteen minutes. We were seated in the back room and no other tables were occupied. My brother who is very knowledgeable on wines ordered wine for the table. Ordering to being served the wine took over 20 minutes. The first two selections on the wine list were no longer available. Our thought....change your wine list. The waiter wasn't helpful in guiding the selection and was indifferent each time my brother selected an "out of stock" wine. He never offered up that select wines were no longer available at the start or after the first selection wasn't available. He forgot my brother-in-law had ordered a beer and I had ordered a glass of white wine until he finally came with the bottle of red wine for the table. A lot of detail on this one step in dining out but it set and carried the tone for the evening. I reread some of the reviews prior to writing this and noted we were in the private dining room and also experienced people looking in the windows while we ate...actually a couple people knocked on the windows and waved. We found it sonewhat amusing but clearly not "special" enough of an evening and definitely not indicative of the price we paid.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank ArizonaRoute66
Tempe, Arizona , United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So very Italian and authentic...like dining in Firenze!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place was recommended to us by the Sandy in the spa at El Encanto and validated by the concierge, Maximo, when we mentioned where we were dining that evening. This was a quaint place just like what you would find in Florence (Firenze)! And the food was just as authentic as any of those very places you would find. Cannot recommend this place high enough! It is quite possibly the most authentic delicious Italian cuisine I have ever tasted in the states!! Everything was perfection from the vibe and space of the physical environment to the service; which was also decidedly Florence-esque. If you are a connoisseur of fine cuisine, do not miss this gem!!

• Visited June 2013
Temecula, California
“Don't dine here if you are looking for the whole dining experience”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We found Olio E Limone on Open Table, but read the reviews also on Tripadvisor.
The food did not disapoint, but I have to say this was the worst service I think I have had at a fine dining establishment. I have to say that we were 10-15 minutes late for our reservation so I understand this can throw off a small restaurant. We ask if there was a bar we could wait at as there was really no place to wait. We were sent to Olio Pizza, their sister company around the corner to wait. When we got there the waitress/hostess at the bar area at Olio told us they were too busy for us to sit at the bar, and would need to go back to the resturant. REALLY? The next show stopper for us was 15 minutes seated at the table without so much as a hello, from anyone. With so many great choices for fine dining in Santa Barbara, this will never be on our do over list. The only reason this is rated a 2 for us was that the food was good, but got to say not as good as all of the hype. This is not the place to take the customer you are trying to impress.

• Visited June 2013