“Classic Santa Barbara”

Wine Cask Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Wine Cask Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 563 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Canon Perdido
Description: Wine Cask, located in downtown Santa Barbara in the historic El Paseo complex, offers the best of all worlds to enjoy a delicious dinner in a stylishly relaxed setting. Our passion is great food, the highest caliber of service and bringing back the comfort and nostalgia of one of Santa Barbara's favorite restaurants. Indulge in great foods featuring the freshest local ingredients and select from the best wine list in town, not to mention signature cocktails that change regularly. Whether you're looking for a casual drink and shared plates alfresco in the Mediterranean courtyard or nestled up in front of the fireplace, or feel like a lively dinner in the main room, you'll find what you're craving at the Wine Cask.
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Have not been to Santa Barbara since 2001. My husband had never stayed in Santa Barbara. We stayed in Santa Barbara three days and frequented several restaurants, but the best, by far, was the Wine Cask. Our favorite restaurant is Wally's in Rancho Mirage, but Wine Cask was absolutely fabulous!!!
We went there for a wedding reception, and the wine was as good as any wine in Napa!!!
Great salmon, rice/asparagus dish!!!
A+ service!!! A+ cuisine!!!
Walking distance to State Street and the wharf.
Taxi service available 24/7!!!

1  Thank Carol W

Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I just had our wedding reception here last weekend. It went off without a hitch, and all our guests are still raving about this place. I was told by many that the food was fantastic, and one person even said it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. Jennifer was my contact for all of my planning, and she was wonderful. She was always quick to respond to any questions, and she made me feel very confident that the restaurant had everything under control. We had the dinner outside in the Mediterranean Courtyard. It was covered, and space heaters were available, but we were fairly comfortable even as the evening got cooler. The restaurant provided lovely flower arrangements and candles for the tables, and they set up a bar for cocktail hour and tables for my guestbook and cake. My cake which was made by the in house pastry chef, Rosie, was very cute with a few flowers and some trim around the layers. The flavor was very light and fresh.

The wait staff was very attentive and pleasant. Everyone's glass was always full. There was another wedding reception going on at the same time in another section of the restaurant, but I never felt as if the staff's attention was divided.

I am so pleased with my choice to have our wedding dinner here. Everything was planned from out of town, and I only visited the site briefly the day before the event. All of our guests were thrilled with how everything turned out. Even if I could go back in time, I wouldn't make a single change to the day. Thanks so much to everyone who made our wedding perfect!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Dined here for dinner on a Tuesday during a recent mid-week get away to Santa Barbara. We had a marvelous dinner, with many thanks to table server Adam for his help with our vegetarian palates. Adam recommended an "off menu" dish he said the kitchen does regularly for vegetarians and it was delicious. Inventive and well prepared/presented mix of greens, legumes, mushrooms, and tofu like blocks made from chick pea flour. Very tasty. Paired it with a local Santa Barbara (Happy Canyon AVA) Sauvignon Blanc. An excellent meal from start to finish. Very highly recommended.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

My daughter and I had eaten a healthy dinner elsewhere, but stopped at Wine Cask for just a glass of wine and dessert. There is both outdoor and indoor dining and on this chilly March evening we choose inside---very cozy, very nice ambience---and a nice mix of ages among the clientele. A good selection of wines from the Santa Barbara area are available by the glass.
The desserts were delicious: pumpkin "doughnuts" (not at all what you're imagining!) and bourbon bread pudding with salted caramel sauce. The menu is probably seasonal, but we were happy we stopped by when those were available----delicious and unusual.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I took my mom for dinner to this restaurant after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. While I liked the food in general it was not outstanding by any means. The root salad was better in presentation than in preparation. The sea bass was kind of dry to my taste. I was told by the waiter that it's a different fish than the sea bass I'm used to at Cape Cod and it was different indeed unfortunately to the worse . It was not bad but that's all I can say. The whole lamb was the best of our meals. We also ordered two glasses of Langoria Pinot Noir which was fine but definitely wasn't worse $19 a glass. Service was good and to my surprise the restaurant was half empty at 7:30pm on a Saturday night.