“Memorable lunch in the courtyard!”

Wine Cask Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Wine Cask Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 551 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Canon Perdido
Description: DOUG MARGERUM and MITCHELL SJERVEN'S Wine Cask, located in downtown Santa Barbara in the historic El Paseo complex, offers the best of all worlds to enjoy a delicious lunch or dinner in a stylishly relaxed setting. Their passion is great food, the highest caliber of service and bringing back the comfort and nostalgia of one of Santa Barbara's favorite restaurants. Indulge in great foods featuring the freshest local ingredients and select from the best wine list in town, not to mention signature cocktails that change regularly. Whether you're looking for a casual drink and shared plates alfresco in the Mediterranean courtyard or nestled up in front of the fireplace, or feel like a lively dinner in the main room, you'll find what you're craving at the Wine Cask.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

One of our best meals during our 12 day California adventure. A hidden gem off the main drag. We felt like we could linger there all afternoon and enjoy their exquisite wine suggestions. Food presentation was only to be outdone by the taste. My wife immensely enjoyed the grilled salmon on a bed of greens. My mushroom flatbread garnished with arugula was an exceptional treat. And if your are lucky to get Joaquin (sp?) as your waiter you too will have a memorable lunch!!

1  Thank yoido

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The table setting for our group of 20 was very impressive. Four wine glasses at each place! The food was wonderful and the presentation was amazing!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We went here for dinner on our one night in Santa Barbara, based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. We were really impressed by the service and quality of food. The waitress was very attentive, and the food came extremely quickly. The atmosphere is lovely and relaxed (we sat outside in the courtyard).

A great place for a romantic meal, or relaxed

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I wanted a cut above the normal tourist fare on a Saturday afternoon over Labor Day Weekend, so we straddled over to the Wine Cask. We sat in very quaint, quiet and elegant patio in what was the bar, so named "Intermezzo Bar & Cafe." I believe the Wine Cask full restaurant may not be open for lunch. It didn't matter. This became an excellent choice. Unlike another review here, the service was excellent and the food was close to perfect. My only complaint was the the calamari was a little chewy, but the spicy garlic and peppers they add to the calamari are an excellent and exciting variation of an appetizer that's easy to go wrong with. The filet mignon steak bites were a hit and my brother ordered a burger that he says was the best he's ever had. The wines were by the glass, bottle, and carafe as they have wines on tap here. The choices were ample and by the end of the lunch the meal was not as expensive as I anticipated, and the ambience couldn't be beat, especially being just a block off of State Street. Want a nice lunch that's slightly off the tourist path with excellent food and service? Take an Intermezzo at The Wine Cask.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

On a recent trip to Southern California, I traveled from Orange County, into LA and up to Santa Barbara. This was the best restaurant I ate at. The service was excellent, the wine list was steller and I'm still thinking happy thoughts about the food. I ordered the rabbit ravioli, the scallops and a local chardonnay. All were great. The sauces and flavors were wonderful...if only I had some of those raviolis right now.

I highly recommend this restaurant. The prices aren't cheap, but it's worth the experience between the food and the ambiance.