“Great view, Decent grill, seagulls like the food”
Review of East Beach Grill

East Beach Grill
Ranked #92 of 542 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The view is spectacular. 180 degrees of fabulous oceanfront while you enjoy lunch or a snack. Plenty of options to eat, and definitely the usually options of a seaside grill. Seagulls enjoy the food also, but weren't a nuisance. Great place to check out and eat oceanfront. We were there over Christmas break, and it was quiet. Still warm enough to enjoy and leisurely take in the swings, and ocean, and walking on the sidewalk or beach. Great place to stop by!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

It looked like it would be mediocre but was quite tasty. Lots of the touristy places in SB are lousy but this was pretty good. We'll probably go back on one of our future visits.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and I are travel writers (ordinarycoupletravels.com)and we spent a long pre-Christmas weekend exploring Santa Barbara, CA recently. It was our first visit to the area. We saw the East Beach Grill as we were riding the Cabrillo bike path and thought - let's stop there for lunch! It was a beautiful day and we pulled in, dismounted, and went up to the counter to place our order. As I watched the people ordering around me I noticed how fresh and fantastic their food looked and I was getting excited to order my own. I ordered a steak salad, my husband had a burger, and we both chose a refreshing Bud Light to wash it down. The prices were very reasonable and the food was absolutely delicious! Sitting on the patio, facing the ocean and the beach, watching the passers-by and sipping the cold beer, was an amazing way to have lunch that Monday afternoon. On our last morning, we went back for breakfast, as all the locals around us were raving about the East Beach Grill breakfast and especially, the blueberry pancakes. Once again - they did not disappoint! The blueberry pancakes were plump, full of fresh blueberries, and melted in your mouth. My husband's omelet was full of cheese and ham. We couldn't finish our breakfasts, it was just too much, but oh so satisfying and definitely priced right! I highly recommend you visit the grill for breakfast or lunch while in Santa Barbara. I know I'll be back!

1  Thank SLMcMill
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I love having breakfast at the East Beach Grill (try the "3-2-1," three pancakes, two pieces of bacon, and one egg. Their coffee is Peet's, which is a favorite. Sitting on the patio and watching the ocean while having a delicious meal - it truly doesn't get any better! Sometimes a few dophins will even put on a show to make the day even more perfect!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had an opportunity to take some co-workers to East Beach Grill instead of the hotel we were staying one day and felt it was the best breakfast we had all week and it was about $20 cheaper than the hotel breakfast. The service was excellent and the view unbelievable. We actually saw dolphins from our table. We were very fortunate that we had a sunny day so we could see well out into the ocean from the restaurant. I loved that the owner is at the restaurant working and has a smile on his face. I was told that this is the place to have breakfast if visiting Santa Barbara and he was absolutely correct. Since we arrived prior to 10:00 AM we did not have to pay for beach parking. Hope you enjoy.