“Happy hour @ La Arcada - XLNT”
Review of Cafe Shell - CLOSED

Cafe Shell
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stopped for a few drinks. Ended up with 3 each + a bistro nachos to share. Lovely place, excellent service and super value for money!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Crab cakes bennedict my favorite, friendly family owned and run restaurant, beautiful setting in La Arcada Court. I go once or twice a month.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Just recently on March 3rd, my wife and I visited Cafe Shell for breakfast. While I had researched this restaurant/cafe prior to arriving to Santa Barbara, the location of the cafe was what drew me there. I was actually driving by on our way into Santa Barbara and I liked the fact that it was right in the heart of Downtown - State St.

Food: My wife order the B&B breakfast and I ordered the "make it your own" omelette. Let me tell you, the B & B omelette my wife had was so delicious!!! I almost wanted to trade my omelette for hers, but I'm too much of a gentleman :) . What may have made the difference in her plate was the bacon - it actually tasted very fresh. I opted for the mushrooms instead on my omelette and was not too impressed. I ordered a small cup of fruit - that was okay (tasted better).

Beverages: We had the orange juice - unbelievably tasty, fresh-squeezed orange juice. It wasn't too tangy or "pulpy" - just perfect!!!

Service: The service was excellent here. Our waiter was more than attentive and frequently stood by (although not too close to us so as to invade our privacy).

Location: As I said above, you can't ask for a better location (unless near the ocean of course). You have a nice view of the main street which is filled with nice trees - this is what makes Santa Barbara so beautiful.

We didn't get a chance to return for lunch or dinner - but based on prior reviews, it appears that this cafe restaurant has great food. Our breakfast bill was around $35.00 - not bad for excellent service and good quality food.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

This place is been here forever, outside /people watching seating in beautiful downtown Santa Barbara. As if the great weather in January is not good enough we have great places to eat. I had Crab cake Benedict breakfast and it was absolutely delicious, home made hollandaise sauce, eggs cooked to perfection and fresh crab meat sure make a difference, hubby had the classic Benedict and i think he loved it (there was nothing left for the birds on his plate). Coffee was very good and the service very attentive. We met Trini, the new owner, She and her husband had taken ownership of the place 5 months ago and seems like they are doing a great job, the place deserves it! Very glad i revisited Cafe Shell.
The Café is open now for dinner witch is a new thing, i can't wait to try their dinner menu

Reviewed January 21, 2012

We stumbled across this restaurant while walking along State Street. It was a warm day in January and they had outdoor seating - who could ask for more?

We found the staff to be friendly and attentive. The food was freshly prepared and there was a good selection of items to choose from. We were not rushed and were able to relax and enjoy the passing scenery on State Street.

We understand that this restaurant is under new ownership, and they appear to be making the necessary effort to be successful.

Definitely worth a try. If we had the time, we would have returned for dinner too.