“Alone on the Patio on a Saturday Night”
Review of La Arcada Bistro

La Arcada Bistro
Ranked #126 of 580 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Description: La Arcada Bistro is a local family owned restaurant. The owners Willie, originally from Ireland, and Trini Quinn, originally from Mexico; met in Santa Barbara and fell in love with each other and the beautiful beach town. They bring together beautifully their two backgrounds and Californian cuisine, creating a unique dinning experience. Every weekend you can find Willie and his daughters, Aoife and Brigid Quinn, playing Irish music in their band, The Foggy Dew. Together this family is sharing their love for food and entertainment with Santa Barbara and all those who visit. ​ La Arcada Bistro’s versatile menu is comprised of dishes from all over the world. Our Californian cuisine has been influenced by many nations with a special emphasis on Mexican and European dishes. Our produce & meat is always fresh and never frozen. Every dish is a perfect balance between hearty & elegance.
Reviewed April 12, 2017

It was a rainy Saturday night when I wondered by this bistro playing live Irish music. I looked over the menu. Shrimp Scampi w/ potatoes and veggies, I walked right up and sat down. The rain had driven away most everyone from State Street so I had the patio to myself. It was nice. The scampi was good. I expected the sauce to be a little more creamy than liquidy, but I'm no expert on scampi. The lightly cooked asparagus and carrots were fabulous and I loved the potatoes. MMM mmm good! I also got a Jamison & coke and some water. $30 before tax & gratuity.

Reviewed April 2, 2017

Great people watching on the patio. Good service. Varied menu with lots of options. We enjoyed the "real" shepherd's pie with generous amount of lamb. Also enjoyed the Shrimp Scampi.

Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

We were roaming around Santa Barbara and heard the Irish music playing. It was St. Patrick's day. We knew wherever we went, it would be crowded. This, however, was crazy. The hostess said she'd be right with us and then we didn't see her for at least 20 minutes. She was walking around chatting with customers. Later, she said it was her first day. A young man who worked there got us seated. It was also his first day. We waited another 20 minutes for a waitress. The same young man got her for us. I realize it was a holiday. I realize you hire extra help when you know you're going to be slammed with customers. But TRAIN them. My daughter and I have both been a hostess and a waitress. This could have been handled better. It's not rocket science.

Reviewed March 6, 2017

The Bistro had very good food and excellent service that made us feel right at home. If only my home had a live trio playing Irish folk music on Friday night!

We walked in off State Street, as the site seemed the most pleasant place around (and open for dinner). It was early in the evening, so the chef greeted us, but even after large tables arrived from the Film Festival, our service remained friendly. We especially liked the halibut entrée, which was fresher and more flavorful than what we ordered in a known seafood restaurant in Los Angeles a week earlier. On a second visit, we enjoyed the Shepherd’s Pie (a house specialty rare on menus these days).

Indeed, all of the meals on our February trip to Santa Barbara were very good.

Reviewed February 24, 2017

It may look touristy on a weekend day, but it is a small family owned restaurant that tries hard. I especially like it for happy hour on Thursdays and Friday evenings when there is live accoustic music. You have to time it well because happy hour ends when the music begins (6:30) but you can have a quick bite a couple of beverages at happy hour and then stay for the music. Nice owner and a good family affair.