“Great patio area”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We ate here twice on a recent trip to Santa Barbara. I'd class the first occasion as 5* and the second as 3.5*.

The first night we arrived just in time to secure a patio table conveniently located under a patio heater. The evening chill was soon forgotten. Pizzas and pastas all round, waiters constantly topping up the water glasses, excellent wine. Really enjoyed ourselves. Good food, great service.

The second time we were ushered indoors as the heaters were malfunctioning and the wind was up. There's not much room available inside and we were squeezed up near the bar and service area. Our waitress was under high pressure and wasn't quite as attentive as the previous occasion. Our food was great again, but we did see a risotto dish perched on the service area for a full 40 minutes before it went out to a table. Yeech, I'd hate to be the diner who ordered that!

I'd recommend this restaurant if you can get a patio table, as the inside is cramped.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is as decent as any other restaurant on state. But the prices are very high. A pasta dish doesn't even come with a salad. And the food portions aren't as large as comparably priced Italian places. It's quality not quantity I know. But I found myself loading my pasta with salt just to add flavor. We went on a Saturday night, so the place was busy. But even so, the waitstaff was rather inattentive. Wish i had gone elsewhere. I won't go back.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stopped here for a late supper.
I had the salamino piccante pizza which was tasty and hit the spot.
My friends said that their risotto and grilled fish were also good.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were a party of 6 and got right in on a Friday evening seating outside. We thought it strange! Soon to realize that the family next to us let their children scream free! The Chianti was delicious! The pizza was blah (3 people had the pizza-all different) and the other 3 got the seafood pasta (pictured above) which was not satisfying at all. The chunk of crab we received wasn't enough to grab to get the meat out and the shrimp was served whole in the shell (head, tail-whole)! Needless to say--all hands in the bowl and the sauce-blah! We were all pretty disappointed.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I went here with a party of 15 people and the dinner was very good! I had the salmon, it was delicious! The pasta looked great too, and the wine pours were good.