“Overpriced, and underserved, but the food was good.”

Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara
Reserve with OpenTable
Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 540 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Amtrak
Description: Just a few blocks from the waterfront, our restaurant in Santa Barbara operates in a century-old brick building originally home to an industrial linen service for seaside hotels. While the Douglas fir floors, soaring ceilings, and glassed cupola have always been features of this historic structure, the sweeping arches facing State Street were added after much of the building crumbled during the 1925 Santa Barbara earthquake. Built in 1917, the historic building now home to our Santa Monica restaurant was once a transfer station for the narrow-gauge Red Car line, Los Angeles' first mass transit system. It was later the repair house for the world-famous Pacific Ocean Park, home to the oldest wooden roller coaster west of the Mississippi. These days, we're still a stone's throw from Venice Beach, heart of where L.A. goes to play -- and eat.
Reviewed May 13, 2009

I think this restaurant could probably be labeled "tourist trap". The good: The menu was great, and food was good. Although my shrimp had an ammonia flavor to them, a telltale sign that they weren't very fresh.
The bad: The price and the service. I paid $28US for an 8oz sirloin steak and about 8 medium shrimp. That wasn't the worst though, it was the service. Our waitress was impossible to find. We only saw her for our drink order, food order, and check. If we wanted more bread, water, etc. we had to hunt around to find anyone to help us. It was like they were all hanging out behind closed doors somewhere. We were at our table for about an hour before our orders were taken. It was ridiculous, and the restaurant wasn't even full.

2  Thank Tripping222

Reviewed May 3, 2009

I tried to enjoy a nice dinner at Enterprise Fish and was severly disappointed. Both of our meals were cold and undercooked. Although we did send them back, they came back on luke warm. My fish was the poorest quality fish I have ever had. The server was gracious to offer a complimentary dessert which also was the worst ice cream I have ever had. How anyone can screw up ice cream is beyond me? In any case, save your money and go elsewhere. There are many nice restaurants in the SB area to enjoy.

2  Thank C-Suite
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We had to send back several items during dinner last week. Our fish items were undercooked and cold, and the blueberry cobbler dessert was so bad we sent it back and got something else. A good cookbook would be of benefit to the person(s) planning and designing the menu here. Bar staff friendly, go for a drink in this old laundry warehouse redecorated with a fishing theme and then move on as it is too pricey to get away with making such basic mistakes.

1  Thank highlandbride
Reviewed December 9, 2008

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here and would certainly like to visit it again to sample the rest of the extensive menu. My sashimi was lovely, really fresh tasting. I followed that with blackened louisiana cat fish which was delicious and finished off with battered strawberries, again just lovely. My wife was more refined than me and ate trout which she thoroughly enjoyed. We were met with a good friendly welcome, sat down on time and received great service. No complaints from me!

Reviewed September 7, 2008

I always enjoy their happy hour special ... limited but good appetizer menu, extensive list of drinks ... great happy hour prices!

Went in for dinner on a Tuesday ... tried their lobster special ... reasonably priced ... lobster was a little dry! I was disappointed ... but the experience will not hinder me from going to the restaurant again to try other entree in their dinner menu.