“Good qualty steak, appropriate portion sizes, friendly service”

Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara
Reserve with OpenTable
Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 553 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Amtrak
Description: Just a few blocks from the waterfront, our restaurant in Santa Barbara operates in a century-old brick building originally home to an industrial linen service for seaside hotels. While the Douglas fir floors, soaring ceilings, and glassed cupola have always been features of this historic structure, the sweeping arches facing State Street were added after much of the building crumbled during the 1925 Santa Barbara earthquake. Built in 1917, the historic building now home to our Santa Monica restaurant was once a transfer station for the narrow-gauge Red Car line, Los Angeles' first mass transit system. It was later the repair house for the world-famous Pacific Ocean Park, home to the oldest wooden roller coaster west of the Mississippi. These days, we're still a stone's throw from Venice Beach, heart of where L.A. goes to play -- and eat.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This place is an institution. I went for a steak and was happy with what I got. Not overpriced, not overly huge, well cooked (though they should change the spices on top as the dried rosemary mix seemed dated). I didn't want carbs and got the grilled veggies and salad, which was a good meal. It's not a super creative, cutting edge place, but good reliable quality.

Eliana B, Manager at Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

An institution? What a compliment! Thank you for sharing your great review. It sounds like your seafood meals really hit the spot, which is excellent. The next time you're around Santa Barbara, we'll have a table with your name on it!

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,121)

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We chose this seafood restaurant based upon great Trip Advisor reviews. We were particularly looking forward to their salmon. Unfortunately it was undercooked & very small portions. The location & decor are incredible. The servers are friendly & very efficient.

Eliana B, Manager at Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

While I'm glad to hear that our decor and service impressed, I apologize that your salmon didn't come out perfectly cooked. If there's ever an issue, please don't hesitate to let us know. We'd be more than happy to chat with the kitchen team right away. The next time you visit Santa Barbara, I hope to have another chance to show you what we're really all about!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Funky decorated fresh fish restaurant. An amazing open view kitchen. Plenty of daily specials. Food is tasty and presentations are great. Food is not delicately prepared. The trout and salmon served the evening we visited still had bones. Prices are reasonable. Excellent wine list. Popular and crowded. Recommend,

Eliana B, Manager at Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thanks for sharing those details, Peter! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed coming in. It's great you made us a part of your trip to Santa Barbara -- I hope you had a wonderful time in the area! The next time you come back, be sure to swing by for more of your fresh seafood favorites.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We came in after having dinner at another restaurant and the bar and bar tenders were very friendly. We came back for the next nights and had three great meals. Our highlight was the cole slaw . I make my own and everyone likes it and we have tried it in almost every restaurant that makes there own. Theirs is the best we have had anywhere in the country and we have traveled most of the states for the last 30 years.

Eliana B, Manager at Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Almost all of the states? That's so fun! Your compliments mean even more knowing that you've traveled to so many different areas and restaurants. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your dinner with us. You just can't beat homemade slaw, right? It's great to hear you were impressed. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Santa Barbara! The next time you're in the area, we'd love to have you back in.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Fun place, good atmosphere but slow service. We asked for a wine cooler several times, still waiting. Food good but not amazing. Mostly go for the atmosphere and style of the place, and the vibrating lobster pager!

Eliana B, Manager at Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Rona, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get your wine chiller. Slow service can put a damper on your meal, which is why we always want to be attentive and efficient. I apologize that this wasn't the case. That said, I'm glad that you enjoyed our upbeat atmosphere — we love to keep it lively in here! The next time you're in the area, I hope we can have you back in. We have a large variety on our menu, so I'd love for you to try more!