“Great Meal”

Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara
Reserve with OpenTable
Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 528 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Amtrak
Description: Just a few blocks from the waterfront, our restaurant in Santa Barbara operates in a century-old brick building originally home to an industrial linen service for seaside hotels. While the Douglas fir floors, soaring ceilings, and glassed cupola have always been features of this historic structure, the sweeping arches facing State Street were added after much of the building crumbled during the 1925 Santa Barbara earthquake. Built in 1917, the historic building now home to our Santa Monica restaurant was once a transfer station for the narrow-gauge Red Car line, Los Angeles' first mass transit system. It was later the repair house for the world-famous Pacific Ocean Park, home to the oldest wooden roller coaster west of the Mississippi. These days, we're still a stone's throw from Venice Beach, heart of where L.A. goes to play -- and eat.
Sydney, Australia
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

The food was so good and so fresh went there a second time. The service was excellent. Well worth a visit at this seafood restaurant. The Tuna Tartare was to die for!!!

• Visited December 2013
Eliana B, Manager at Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us. The Tuna Tartare is a house favorite, so good choice! Thanks for making us a part of your visit to Santa Barbara. We'd love to welcome you in the next time you're in town from Sydney!

Take care,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Santa Barbara, California
“Somewhat of a tourist trap”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I've been here for dinner twice, and was disappointed both times - the quality of the food simply doesn't justify the price. The items I've had are average at best for a seafood restaurant in Santa Barbara. The prices, however, are much higher than many other places around. This is probably due to the location, which undeniably is very central - but even in this area, there are better options around, and if you're local and don't care so much about being right on State St there are certainly much better options. I should mention that the service was good on both occasions, and there's lots of space, so if you're with a large group and didn't make a reservation there's a good chance of getting a table even on a Friday night. There are very few vegetarian options.

• Visited November 2013
Eliana B, Manager at Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Bela, I'm sorry to hear that you've been disappointed with your visits with us. We serve very high quality, fresh seafood, so we do have to price accordingly. It's a shame that you haven't found your meals to be worth the price, though. Is there anything in particular that would have made them more enjoyable? The next time you're around State St., I would love to welcome you in for happy hour. It's a great way to enjoy drinks and appetizers on special. We hope to see you in soon!

Best,
“Fun casual experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is a casual,fun, and loud dining experience. The service is good +, none of the waitstaff looked like they were having fun or or as if they wanted to be there. They all looked tired and harried. That said my water glass was always full, we did not have to wait long to order our meals, our meals were served in a timely manner. We both enjoyed our dinner. I have no problem spending $25 on an entree, I think when I do I would rather be in a more intimate environment. With friendlier servers, and my entree should pop just a little more.

• Visited January 2014
Eliana B, Manager at Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Our team is focused on making sure you have a great time throughout your meal, but you should always feel comfortable reaching out to them. While I'm glad you found them attentive and efficient, I apologize if the servers came across as anything but friendly. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. That said, I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal! If you have any additional feedback about your dish, I'd love to chat with you. Please feel free to reach out to me at your earliest convenience.

All the best,
London, United Kingdom
“What is "fresh"?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here this evening. Seated in front of the women's toilets and next to the station where they deposit the used plates and scrape off leftovers. I had prawns which were undeniably not "fresh". So I asked the waitress - were they fresh? And she replied that they had been on ice, for how long she (nor her manager) could say. My companion had fish. Again, no one could say how long ago it had been taken from the water. It had been on ice for some days. So, with my Carrie Bradshaw hat on, I ask, what is fresh? And is it acceptable to seat your clients next to toilets and waste stations?

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Annerly777
Eliana B, Manager at Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
I'm sorry to hear that we couldn't give you a direct answer to your questions when you were visiting us. To clarify, we do have a high volume of seafood that we serve daily, but when they're stored, they are labeled and properly dated. We would hate to give you the wrong information, but I can assure you that we only serve the freshest, highest quality seafood to our guests.

Also, I apologize that your seat wasn't more enjoyable. Our restaurant offers a wide variety of seating options, so if you are ever displeased with where you're seated please don't hesitate to let us know. We're always more than happy to accommodate any requests.

I hope that you enjoyed your trip to Santa Barbara, and I'm sorry that you didn't leave with a better impression of us. The next time you're in the area, I'd love the opportunity to welcome you back for a much better time.

Staten Island, New York
“Casual and Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

First time to Santa Barbara and was looking for somewhere to eat that didn't cost an arm and a leg. This is a casual restaurant with a lively bar crowd. Food, price and service were very good. We were a group of 4 and we each enjoyed our main course. There was a 2 pound lobster special that three of us took advantage of. All in all, a good choice.

Visited December 2013
Eliana B, Manager at Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Welcome to Santa Barbara! It's a wonderful place to visit, so I'm glad we could be a part of your trip. Our fresh 2 pound lobster special was a house favorite, so It's great that you and your group enjoyed it. The next time you're in the area, we'd love to welcome you back in!

Take care,