“Yummy!”

Opal Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #7 of 536 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A popular local’s favorite, opal restaurant and bar infuses an Eclectic California Cuisine with creative influences from around the World. Our chefs use the freshest of ingredients to create dishes inspired by the colorful multi-cultural heritage of America, often with an Asian flair. Items on our menu range from a 14 oz. Herb-Grilled Ribeye Steak on Tuscan Style White Beans, to Fresh Grilled Fish and Seafood, Homemade Pastas and Gourmet Pizzas from our wood burning pizza oven, fresh baked Breads, deliciously imaginative Salads and Homemade Desserts.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This was the best restaurant experience I have had in a really long time. We went as a family of four for the first time based on Yelp reviews. When I called for a reservation for a Sunday dinner,
they asked if it was okey to be seated by the door. I said yes and we loved to location. It was nice
to be by to door and get the gentle breeze to cool us and we ate such amazing food. We started with the shrimp appetizer which we all really loved. My two sons raved about it. I really loved to sauce. The mixed drinks we tried were the fresh ginger cosmo, which was my least favorite item
of the meal, mojito - my husband loved them so much he had two. I changed to a glass of red wine that was a Sarah blend by Jaffurs recommended by our server - one of best glasses of wine I have ever had, $20 per glass. I and one son had the salmon with Thai Curry Sauce that was amazing, my husband had the lamb chops, one son had the pasta dish and all of us loved them.
I do recommend reservations way in advance as it books up. I do recommend this restaurant completely. My only reservation was the high cost overall and especially our drinks. Our bill was over $250 total.

2  Thank StephNovato
There are newer reviews for Opal Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed August 23, 2014

There were 9 of us that went here for dinner and it was a great place to go with a large group. The service was excellent as was the food. Our appetizers were Shredded Phyllo Wrapped Tiger Prawns (delicious!!) and Fresh Ahi Tartare, Avocado Salsa and Tomato Napoleon with Homemade Taro Chips (good but not as tasty as the prawns). I had the lamb chops as my entrée which were amazing.
This is a great place to go with large parties but I would love to come back here and try out some more of their food as they have a great selection.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Dinner on 8/18. Located on State street. Many restaurants in the area. This one of the best. Varied menu. We had the cod, and the lamb chops. Both were excellent. Shrimp appetizer very good. Extensive wine menu and drinks of all kinds. Superb service by KIA. Very enjoyable dinner.
Make reservations.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

A restaurant experience not to be missed in Santa Barbara. Went there with family, had a late reservation, but we were getting hungry and decided to see if we could sneak in early. My wife had told me earlier this was an experience not to be missed, and of course she was right. No sweat getting a seat. Imagine a classic New York old school American bar and grill restaurant plunked down among the palms and Mediterranean climate and cool of Santa Barbara. Busy, loud, fast, famous and nearly famous in the crowd, superb attentive service and equally as excellent food and drink. Well done, Opal, keep up the good work, and thanks for a memorable dinner!

1  Thank Cloudripper
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We went to Opal for our last evening in Santa Barbara and were not disappointed! The service and food were excellent! Everything was perfection. The only negative was that we requested a reservation for 7:00 pm and was told that we could be accommodated at either 6 or 8pm. We took the 6pm slot and then wondered why there were still so many open tables at 7:30 when we left??? All in all though, highly recommended!