“Quality Food, Drinks and Service”

Opal Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #9 of 548 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A popular local’s favorite, opal restaurant and bar infuses an Eclectic California Cuisine with creative influences from around the World. Our chefs use the freshest of ingredients to create dishes inspired by the colorful multi-cultural heritage of America, often with an Asian flair. Items on our menu range from a 14 oz. Herb-Grilled Ribeye Steak on Tuscan Style White Beans, to Fresh Grilled Fish and Seafood, Homemade Pastas and Gourmet Pizzas from our wood burning pizza oven, fresh baked Breads, deliciously imaginative Salads and Homemade Desserts.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have been visiting Opal for the last four or so years since I used to live in the Ventura area. I have since moved away and whenever I find myself in the Ventura/Santa Barbara area, I set aside an evening to go have dinner. There are two MUST have at Opal: 1) The PERFECT Martini. Let me just say...this drink made me change the way I drink martini's anywhere. It is hands down my favorite martini anywhere! A must have...and if you are a lightweight no more than two (even with dinner). 2) The lamb - if you don't like lamb...I can't convince you to try this...but otherwise, it is AWESOME. Perfectly cooked and served.

The owners are awesome as well...they can be found on occasion asking how you are enjoying your meal and service. Overall worth every moment. The wait staff is usually very attentive and they have an awesome wine list. There is a wine for every taste and budget. As well as awesome choices for food and appetizers.

Check it out you won't be disappointed! You can go with just a partner or a group. Anything more than six in your group you will probably want to call ahead!

1  Thank mobile_bill

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Its a while since I was there (too embarrassed to say when as I meant for a long time to add a review....) but I was really blown away by the quality/price equation at Opal and even more so by the incredibly attentive and genuinely friendly people who work there. I was visiting my brother in law who lives in Santa Barbara and he is almost a loyalty card owner at Opal - I can see why.

Tina and Richard who own the place are very "hands on" - this, in other establishments can seem false, but they sooooooo get it right.

Food - I was in SB for 2 nights/3 days and ate there 3 times - its all good - start with the cocktatils, of course, lamb shanks great, as is the chilli encrusted filet mignon. Also had the aubergine and mushroom salad (I refuse, as a Brit, to say Eggplant) .........I'm hungry just thinking about it...

Thanks to all at Opal - I will be back, but it aint a "hop skip and a jump" from Belgium so it will be a while.

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Opal was the first restaurant we ate at during our stay in Santa Barbara. Two of us ordered the crab crusted salmon which was to die for. One ordered a ceasar salad with crab crustini which was amazing. Also ordered dungeoness crab with buckwheat noodles and that too was excellent. The wine list was extensive and the dessert was delicious. Perfect dinner overall.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

As part of the training I attended in Santa Barbara, I participate in a kick-off dinner in this restaurant and the experience was excellent. Had a VIP room, the food was great, specially the Wild Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breast on Fresh Herb Risotto. Staff very friendly and professional.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

After reading good reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided to make reservations here. We arrived at 7.30 and were shown to a great table in a little alcove next to the window right away. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable and offered excellent service. My husband ordered the lemon grass crusted salmon and, because I'm vegetarian, I went with the portobello mushroom, grilled eggplant, and garlic spinach layered on top of a gorgonzola potato cake. We both loved everything about our meals -- they were tasty, perfectly cooked, and just the right portion size. The ambiance here is lively and happening! It's a great spot. We'll be back here again the next time we're in Santa Barbara!