“Opal is excellent for dinner”

Opal Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #9 of 542 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A popular local’s favorite, opal restaurant and bar infuses an Eclectic California Cuisine with creative influences from around the World. Our chefs use the freshest of ingredients to create dishes inspired by the colorful multi-cultural heritage of America, often with an Asian flair. Items on our menu range from a 14 oz. Herb-Grilled Ribeye Steak on Tuscan Style White Beans, to Fresh Grilled Fish and Seafood, Homemade Pastas and Gourmet Pizzas from our wood burning pizza oven, fresh baked Breads, deliciously imaginative Salads and Homemade Desserts.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

There is a reason it is packed - good food, excellent service, one of our places for dinner when we come to SB. Right on State Street - a must for your next visit to Santa Barbara.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Very attractive ambiance, excellent food and service. Very busy so make a reservation. Next to the Arlington Theatre on State St. Noisy but fun.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

For 2 years now, I can't think of a better restaurant I enjoy more than Opal. I don't live in driving range of the place, but it is a determiner of whether I come to SB for a visit. I am hesitant to make this proclamation about its such high quality, for fear I will return in 6 months and the place overrun with flat landers and East Coast snoots. Keep up the good work guys!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We visited on a sunday night at 8pm and it was nicely busy. Probably 75% full. The food was good quality and for once the portions were not over the top. I did find thatbsome dishes were better than others- tiger prawns to start, superb, seared tuna to start, so so. Duck for main, excellent, chicken salad was dry. The one thing that was missing for me was the atnosphere, very plain walls and somehow a bit flat but as it was busy it made up for it but if quiet i think it would be a struggle to feel comfortable. Good service too.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

A group of 9 of us went to Opal Restaurant based on reviews written in the Trip Advisor. It was fantastic. Everything we ordered was delicious and many items were served a bit differently than generally seen, and it was all great. We especially loved the warm seafood in the salad. YUMMY! I will return there whenever I am back in Santa Barbara. It is a gem of a restaurant!!