“Old Hawaii Feel Steakhouse”

Chuck's steakhouse of Hawaii
Ranked #62 of 547 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I ate here for a Friday evening dinner. While there are many choices in Santa Barbara, we chose Chuck's because we ALWAYS go to the Chucks in Waikiki. The reputation for fresh food, terrific bread and friendly staff did not disappoint!

We both love everything about Chuck's but especially looked forward to the salad bar . . . while not extensive, it has everything you need for a great salad and everything is crisp and fresh. Their salad dressings are yummy good!

We loved their teriyaki chicken breasts . . . charbroiled very well and were very moist.

When we first arrived, we sat in the bar waiting for our table. The bartender was friendly and made suggestions of local wines as well as suggested some after dinner things to do!

This location is not in the 'heart' of tourist Santa Barbara but it definitely where the locals go!

For great food, put Chuck's on your list of good places to eat in Santa Barbara.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Went to Chuck's tonight and really enjoyed the salad, steak, halibut and rice. Very good food and good service.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Relaxed atmosphere on a busy Thursday evening...salad bar fresh with good assortment...two of us ordered Ahi, one medium rare, one rare...both looked the same and it was a thick seared steak which will definitely order again...our business group of 5 walked in, warmly greeted and quickly seated

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Best Western Hotel recommended Chuck's for dinner our first night. Being from central Massachusetts, I was surprised to find a Chuck's in Santa Barbara. The food, as always, is consistant. We had drinks and ate at the bar. The bartended was friendly and had good recommendations for food to share.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I am a meat eater. Steaks are my fav. I go everywhere they serve steaks on my travels.
This is by far the best steak i had for a long time.
I have been to A lot of pricey steak house. Chuck's is hands down one of the best if not the best. Excellent staff!!! I wonder if they knew it was my bday when i ate there because their service was exceptional. Supercalifragalisticexpiadelicious!!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Angie