“Great food, great service, great value!”
Review of Paradise Cafe

Paradise Cafe
Ranked #74 of 567 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Located in a 1915 vintage brick and stucco building that once housed an Italian bakery, and La Paloma Cafe, this landmark building has been the home of Paradise Cafe since 1981. Customers can enjoy Paradise Cafe on the heated patio, in the dining room, or the art deco-inspired bar. The Paradise Cafe has the first and only grill to use Santa Maria live oak wood in the city of Santa Barbara. We specialize in prime steaks, fresh fish, and of course, our famous Paradise Burger broiled over the first and only live oak wood grill in Santa Barbara. Combine that with our fabulous vegetarian entrees, pastas, soups, salads, and our Decadent Paradise Pie, and we have something for every palate!
Reviewed May 24, 2013

A nice cafe, in a good location, parking garage nearby.
Service was friendly and quick. Loved the food : swordfish $22.95, halibut $23.95, trout $16.95.
Wines by the glass $6.5-$9.5, equivalent bottles $25-$38,

1  Thank nepenthium

Reviewed May 13, 2013

After a weekend of big meals, we wanted something simple - a burger. We had driven buy this place a thousand times but never stopped. The on-line reviews were are great.

Paradise Cafe has been around nearly 30 years. And for good reason. Comfortable surroundings, and outdoor eating areas that are all nicely heated. And great comfort food.

My wife had a Paradise Burger. She added bacon and cheddar cheese. A great Burger!. I had a half Cobb salad, and we wound up sharing each others meals.

Not a lot to say here other than we will be back, and you should go if burgers, salad, sandwiches and a full bar is what you are looking for,

1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Corner of Anacapa and Ortega. Late night is always a difficult time to find, even decent food let alone good food. We were in search of anything other than fast food or Ihop/Dennys, and we had the good fortune of landing here. I had Ahi skewers, cooked & seasoned perfectly as were my husbands Berkshire chops. Our 22 yr old son had the Paradise Burger and fries, which I didn't taste but he had no complaints. My husband and I took back with us a slice of amazing chocolate pie. Don't remember the name of it but I am not a chocolate person but the next night I had to have a slice. If you have never been and you are in the area you should not deprive yourself. OH restaurant seating is upstairs BTW.

1  Thank Leticia M
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Paradise is located on Anacapa in Santa Barbara, away from the hustle and bustle of State Street. It is located in an old building with lots of character, neon sign out front, authentic bar, and inside and outside seating available. The staff is cheerful and attentive, the food is plentiful and delicious, the deserts are great. I would definitely recommend the Paradise Cafe if you like something authentic, charming and interesting. Casual dress - which is a must for me when in Santa Barbara.

2  Thank Haystacks-Brand
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The Paradise is always busy and hopping with happy staff and hungry locals and tourists alike.

The Paradise Burger is Yummy but I tend to get the Ortega Burger with a Chicken Breast instead. They never hesitate on special orders. Our regular Server "Oliver" takes very good care of our regular weekly late lunch group.(A group of local volunteers)
I have only had one bad experience here and it was taken care of swiftly and without Drama...Thanks Guy's

1  Thank Robert L