“Awesome Rehearsal Dinner”
Review of Stella Mare's

Stella Mare's
Reserve with OpenTable
Stella Mare's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 532 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cabrillo
Transit: Bus stop at the corner of Cabrillo blvd and Los Patos way (our street).
Description: Stella Mare’s is a Santa Barbara local’s favorite for lunch, brunch and dinner. French country recipes are offered with fresh fish, meats and poultry cooked on our wood-burning grill. Stella Mare's is perhaps one of the best examples of Santa Barbara style. Located between Montecito and Santa Barbara, this charming restaurant is housed in a historic landmark Victorian home, overlooking the Bird Refuge. The decor is French Provincial meets Santa Barbara style. The glass Greenhouse, with stunning views of the Bird Refuge, has cozy sofas, a fireplace, and a full service bar. “I'm so fortunate all over the world to find places that are very good that I can recommend, but I do have a short list of absolute musts. If you come anywhere near Santa Barbara, this is a must - Stella Mare’s, first of all, is so casual and homey. It's beautiful to look at, very relaxed atmosphere, and secondly the food is fantastic!” - Rachael Ray, Rachael’s Vacation Show - Food Network A bientot!
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Rehearsal Dinner”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We hosted our sons rehearsal dinner here for 90 people.What a beautiful setting!!Courtney our event planner was impeccable from start to finish. Everything was so perfect from food to service. We had the coq au vin and it was so tender and delicious and many compliments followed. They went above and beyond our expectations! We highly recommend this venue!!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank K B

Charleston, South Carolina
“French restaurant in Santa Barbara”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Very nice location next to the bird refuge and beach in Santa Barbara. Lovely glass enclosed dining room almost like a hot house complemented with private rooms in 19th century French decor. I enjoyed a business lunch focusing on a light chicken salad that was very fresh and tasty. The environment was quiet and perfect for a business meeting. Service was about average but one problem that I see more and more is the presence of a company sponsored Internet connection that was not available to guests. Over time no Internet connection means don't go there on business. I would like to try dinner there when the fireplace is lit and the bar is open.

1 Thank Snooge42
Los Angeles, California
“slow service”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had lunch here on a week-day afternoon. It wasn't crowded but the service was very slow, the maitre d' John was loud and took forever to seat us, asked us if we wanted water but then didn't bring it to us.
It was an elderly crowd.
The food was fine and reasonably priced but I can't imagine eating here again.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank marianneNyc
los angeles
“Oh So Romantic”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have been here before..with my parents and child, but this time I took the (newish) husband. So yes, it was our half-year anniversary. The setting is super romantic...set in a greenhouse and lit by soft lights and the glow of the fireplace that is tucked away by the bar. The service is impeccable. The maitre d is super friendly and our server was a lovely gentleman who was very well versed in the menus and wine selection. My husband had the burger...i know...but it was superb and the truffle fries were as they should be...not overly truffled and crisp and perfect. I had the french onion soup...i know....but it is sooo good at Stella Mares. I also had the crab cakes...didn't wow me, but whatever..we were having such a lovely time in such a lovely setting...this is one of my favorite restaurants on the central coast!

1 Thank kelly m
Monterey, California
“Lovely place”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I had our anniversary dinner here and it was superb. The restaurant is in a darling french country house--very romantic. The food was fabulous. The service was great. The whole atmosphere and experience was memorable. We will definitely return on our next visit to Santa Barbara.