“Always Love Good Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor, we checked out Arigato Sushi. The bar seats gave us a great opportunity to watch the chefs design and present their works of art. Delicious sushi, and a popular place...the restaurant was full, but service was quick and nice. The rolls were very good!

There are newer reviews for Arigato Sushi

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My girlfriends and I split several apps and rolls, had a great meal for only $33 a person (without drinks). I was impressed with the presentation of the food, the freshness, and the variety of ingredients. The menu had a great variety of options and we were pleased with every single item we tried. This is the best Sushi I've had in a long time and probably the first time that I was impressed with every single dish! Would definitely go back, and would highly recommend to anyone!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I wish I could give this place more stars. It is always a must-eat-at place when I visit Santa Barbara for the weekend.

I've tried many of the rolls and sushi, but my favorite is the jalapeno yellowtail. It is like cotton candy in your mouth. It's different than anywhere else I've had it.

I'd stick with sushi and sashimi over rolls here for the quality and price you pay. It's quite expensive, which is why I have to ration my trips.

I also love the Japanese beer options.

Just thinking of this place makes me drool.

It's pricey but well worth it.

It's small so if you can't go early, you'll find yourself waiting for a while. They will take your phone number so you can go elsewhere for drinks until your table is ready.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I drove down from the Bay Area on vacation. We were in the mood for sushi and Arigato Sushi came highly recommended on TripAdvisor. We were both a bit disappointed. The sushi didn't seem to have the full flavor we're used to. For instance, the wasabi is whipped and doesn't pack the normal power you would get from regular sushi. I couldn't find ANY smoked eel, which I dearly love, on the menu. Previous reviewers are correct, this sushi is somewhat pricey.

I'd have to say the flavor to price ratio is somewhat low here.

On a positive note, my wife said the tea was good!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

After an afternoon on State Street, we decided to try some sushi. I know sushi can get expensive so I took my teenage son, who loves sushi, and two younger daughters to fill up on fish and chips down the road prior to having sushi. That was the smartest thing I did all day. My wife, adult daughter and I ran up a $150 bill trying several dishes with only water to drink. The quality was good to very good. We liked the jalapeno yellowtail, the miso black cod, the garlic edamame, Mrs. Ebilyn potsticker, magic mushroom roll. fiesta roll, and snake roll. The dracula roll and regular edamame were OK. My son broke down and tried most dishes and approved. The young servers, all dressed in black, were efficient and gave some decent advice. The sushi was good and fresh. Tip was included in the price, which I'm not a fan of. There was a good crowd at 5:30 during the week, so I imagine this place gets busy.