“My favorite Santa Barbara restaurant”
Review of Arigato Sushi

Arigato Sushi
Ranked #17 of 563 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2012

VERY creative approach to sushi. Every dish is interesting, beautiful, and yummy. Love the mix of south of the border flavors with Asian sushi format. We go here a lot!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The staff was attentive and despite the crowds once you are actually seated you are never waiting long for your food to roll in. When ordering sushi, or sashimi, they won't bring it all together on a large platter but they bring it slowly in intervals. I thought this was smart because it let you saver what you were eating and you were never famished. We ended up ordering more and more as we ate along. They have some interesting choices. A+

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We really enjoyed this place. Interesting rolls, very friendly service, and the sushi was very fresh. We went at around 8 on a Tuesday night and it was bustling. I agree that there's poor coordination in bringing the food out but I didn't care because it was just so tasty. I didn't agree with previous reviews that the rolls were small, they were average size. We enjoyed eating outside. There's a yummy gelato place right across the street. My husband is very knowledgeable about sushi and he and my kid were starving when we got there. We all left super happy!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I am an avid sushi connesieur and Arigato blew me away. The fish was caught that day and prepared to perfection. We showed up early (around 6) as was reccomended by other reviews and were seated ouside right away. Our server Janet was amazing as was all the service. I even negotiated to purchase my bamboo saki serving set right from my table and these negotiations allowed me to meet the owner. The owner is very sweet and left his own private dinner party upstairs to come meet the crazy person trying to purchase his finery. Needless to say we all had some great laughs combined with out of this world Sushi. Arigato is the number 1 sushi restaurant in Santa Barbara for a reason. Go there now!!!

Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

This is creative Japanese cuisine. We like ours straight up but this is a grat place to try sushi with a lot of add ons. The sushi is very fresh but if you come from NYC that is what you expect. We tried several different salad combos that were very good. The sushi platter was a little skimpy for the price but very good. Overall, it's a nice experience.