“Good bikes at a reasonable price”

Pedego Santa Barbara
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Best friends since childhood, Pat Briody and Adam Levine, co-owners of Pedego Santa Barbara, have taken similar paths in life, attending the same college together, establishing careers in sales and customer service, and ultimately combining their love for the thrill and convenience of these bikes with their desire to open their own business together. After discovering the bikes while vacationing in Colorado, Adam was quick to open up a Pedego dealership in his home state of New Jersey. Pat was introduced to the bikes as he lended Adam a hand when able and helped build the awareness locally before moving to Santa Barbara. Between the overall beauty of Santa Barbara and its welcoming bike friendly culture, opening up a Pedego store was only the natural thing to do! We believe that owning and riding a Pedego is not just something you have and do. It is the freedom to go beyond your normal limits, it is a lifestyle, and it is an unforgettable experience. We aim to provide that same unforgettable experience in all that we do for our customers. We invite you to stop in and see us soon!
Menlo Park, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good bikes at a reasonable price”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The bike rental was $10 per hour for a regular bike (non-electric). I believe the electric bikes were $16 per hour. The bikes rode smooth and seats were comfortable. I can't complain.

The guys working that day were friendly and helpful.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank jumpshot2338

Chico, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sooo fun”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Fun, great way to tour the area. My daughters (14&17) and I rode a loop up to the mission and back to the beach. It took about 50 minutes. About $16 per bike per hour.

2 Thank Chicomike7
Calabasas, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Over the years I've spent a lot of time in beautiful Santa Barbara. I was in town to do research for my new novel "The One" when I walked by this bike shop. I decided to rent a bike and take a spin around. The salespeople couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. Battery powered bikes are awesome to cruise around on. I can't wait to come back with friends & make a day of it! Thanks, Pedego!

Visited June 2013
5 Thank TheOneandMore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sight-seeing in SB on a Pedego was the best way to go!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My family and I rented Pedegos in SB. We had such a great time riding around! The bikes are reasonable and easy to ride. The staff at the shop was friendly and very helpful.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Traceykdan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“Nicest guy owns Pedego - neat bikes”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just happened to pass by the shop while on leisurely walk downtown.
Took a look inside and the owner - no sales pitch - gave interesting background information about the various bikes, battery powered bikes, equipment. Couldn't help but appreciate his passion for what he sells.
Hope the store is successful, take a look inside. One of those bikes is on my list to consider buying; they're well made, some with an American manufacturer.

Visited September 2013