“Scrumptious”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lasuen
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was visiting Santa Barbara and my friend took me to the El Encanto for tea. What a delicious experience! The weather was perfect and we were seated on the beautiful terrace overlooking the ocean. Our tea was served in lovely hand-painted porcelain but it was the selection of finger sandwiches and pastries that was especially exquisite. I particularly liked the delicate scones with clotted cream and home-made strawberry preserves. Our tray also included cucumber, egg and smoked salmon sandwiches, small cakes and raspberry and mint macarons. Our party included a 10 year old and the chef sent out complementary servings of nutella-flavored ice cream that really put us over the top. A truly memorable occasion.

1  Thank Gaby C
There are newer reviews for The Dining Room and Terrace

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Food was great. We were a party of 8 and every one of us loved our meal. Service was lacking but the setting was so beautiful, it didn't matter!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

IMHO - probably the finest dining venue on the Left Coast...looking through the trees towards the ocean is reminiscent of the South of France. The service (David) was impeccable and all the staff were very accommodating - the food was top notch. Highly recommended to all my friends...

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was probably closer to a 4.5, but I can't pick that rating. Beautiful view, overlooking Santa Barbara with the ocean in the distant background. I went to the old hotel many years ago, but have not been back until we visited the restaurant last month ( August '13). Everything was first class and quite enjoyable. The rooms were outrageously expensive, so we stayed elsewhere, but I would like to try it in the off-season when it's a bit more reasonable.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I took a day trip down to Santa Barbara. We had heard about El Encanto re-opening so we decided to come and try the restaurant. Upon arrival the valets were very professional and parked our car. The grounds at the hotel are so beautiful! We were seated on the terrace right before sunset which gave a great view. We both ordered a cocktail, I got the sangria which was wonderful. We then got our entrees, they came out in a timely fashion. The food was great, kudos to Chef Patrice!! We usually don't order dessert but after looking at the menu we couldn't resist. A warm chocolate cake with nutella ice cream?? How could you resist! By far one of the best desserts I have had in a long time. This was definitely an experience we wont soon forget. We plan on coming back for our anniversary next month!