“Great business lunch or meal while at the Canary” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Finch and Fork

Finch and Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Finch and Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 526 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chapala
Transit: Main Station
Description: Finch & Fork is a Modern American Restaurant and Bar centrally located on the corner of Carrillo and Chapala streets in the heart of Santa Barbara's vibrant downtown. Chef James Siao draws inspiration from the vibrant local ingredients sourced from farmers and ranchers to craft an ingredient driven menu of delectable social plates and soul satisfying larger plates. His Cuisine is meant to be served with artisanal wines, craft cocktails, and great beers in the relaxed atmosphere of our bar, lounge, and dining room.
Bakersfield, California
“Great business lunch or meal while at the Canary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

You can stay in the Canary and never leave - the breakfast, lunch and dinner options are good. You can even order and hang out on the roof top patio! The dining room is nice and comfortable and there never seems to be a crowd or a hurry for you to leave. The staff is super friendly and the menu is full of quality choices.

• Visited August 2013

San Diego, California
“LOVED this restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

On our way back from Big Sur en route to San Diego, my girlfriends and I found this place on Open Table and popped in for a late birthday dinner and couldn't have been happier with the food, cocktails and service. The Figueroa cocktail is amazing. Fig infused bourbon? Yes, please. The hush puppies, wild mushroom flatbread and cauliflower w/crispy capers were delicious and the creme brulee was insane. Run, don't walk to this little gem in Santa Barbara!

Visited August 2013
Boston, MA
“New name old problems”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

As a regular visitor at the Canary and its associated bar and restaurant, I was sad to see that even with a new name, the lack of effective management continues. On a busy festival weekend, the lack of staff and inadequate anticipation for bar supplies etc delayed service and overall lack of energy and attention to detail was appalling in this high end establishment. There are too many other options in town. No wonder it's changed name so often. The hotel is really a treat but what keeps the food service so disorganized?

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Fork and Finch after receiving a recommendation from a friend in LA. The meal was fantastic and the service superb. They have a great, seasonal cocktail menu with something for everyone. To start, we shared the deviled eggs - which had a great crunch and a spicy jalapeño after taste. I had the pork ribs - which fell off the bone and were accompanied with some fantastic beans and a pickled watermelon. My wife had the lamb burger and a salad. Although I normally avoid hotel restaurants, Finch and Fork was a great find. We would definitely return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Reagan C, General Manager at Finch and Fork, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Craig - Thank you so much for your kind words! I cannot tell you how excited I am that someone in LA is referring Finch & Fork! You made quite the journey from DC so I am ecstatic that we delivered on this recommendation. You definitely had a few of the staff favorites! Please let us know if you head west again as we hope we get the chance to welcome you back again. Please call me for any future reservations and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reagan
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Service and a Perfect Burger.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband I were looking forward to another visit in paradise (AKA Santa Barbara) and had planned to lunch at Coast. We were anxious to see what was new at the restaurant and am happy to report that the service is still fab and the food as well. We were there on a Friday and it was fairly busy. Most of the plates that passed by us were fish sandwiches - which my husband ordered and ate it all without even offering me a bite. In other words, he loved it. I was craving a hamburger and hate to be disappointed on this splurge. I ordered mine 'perfectly' medium rare, swiss cheese and mushrooms with ketchup and a side of mayo. It was heaven on a bun. If we lived near by I'd be in deep trouble.

• Visited April 2013