“Fantastic find!”
Review of Finch and Fork

Finch and Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Finch and Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 532 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chapala
Transit: Main Station
Description: Finch & Fork is a Modern American Restaurant and Bar centrally located on the corner of Carrillo and Chapala streets in the heart of Santa Barbara's vibrant downtown. Chef James Siao draws inspiration from the vibrant local ingredients sourced from farmers and ranchers to craft an ingredient driven menu of delectable social plates and soul satisfying larger plates. His Cuisine is meant to be served with artisanal wines, craft cocktails, and great beers in the relaxed atmosphere of our bar, lounge, and dining room.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic find!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Fork and Finch after receiving a recommendation from a friend in LA. The meal was fantastic and the service superb. They have a great, seasonal cocktail menu with something for everyone. To start, we shared the deviled eggs - which had a great crunch and a spicy jalapeño after taste. I had the pork ribs - which fell off the bone and were accompanied with some fantastic beans and a pickled watermelon. My wife had the lamb burger and a salad. Although I normally avoid hotel restaurants, Finch and Fork was a great find. We would definitely return.

• Visited June 2013
Reagan C, General Manager at Finch and Fork, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Craig - Thank you so much for your kind words! I cannot tell you how excited I am that someone in LA is referring Finch & Fork! You made quite the journey from DC so I am ecstatic that we delivered on this recommendation. You definitely had a few of the staff favorites! Please let us know if you head west again as we hope we get the chance to welcome you back again. Please call me for any future reservations and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reagan

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Service and a Perfect Burger.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband I were looking forward to another visit in paradise (AKA Santa Barbara) and had planned to lunch at Coast. We were anxious to see what was new at the restaurant and am happy to report that the service is still fab and the food as well. We were there on a Friday and it was fairly busy. Most of the plates that passed by us were fish sandwiches - which my husband ordered and ate it all without even offering me a bite. In other words, he loved it. I was craving a hamburger and hate to be disappointed on this splurge. I ordered mine 'perfectly' medium rare, swiss cheese and mushrooms with ketchup and a side of mayo. It was heaven on a bun. If we lived near by I'd be in deep trouble.

• Visited April 2013
Malibu, California, United States
“Good service & food at a fair price.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Excellent lamb burger, salad and soup. Try the warm olives...delicious. (Also served in the bar.) The pricing is mid-level for the State Street area of Santa Barbara. Nicely appointed bar & restaurant. Much more than just a hotel bar.

Visited May 2013
Staten Island, New York
“Saw Dust Chicken”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Chicken was like eating saw dust, very limited menu and pricey. Not my cup of tea.
Would not recommend this restuarant.

• Visited April 2013
Reagan C, General Manager at Finch and Fork, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Uh-oh – it sounds like we dropped the ball on the chicken you ordered and you didn’t see the value in your meal at Coast (Finch & Fork). Our chef is a fanatic about buying local, super-fresh ingredients from trusted farmers, which can make dishes on the menu feel a bit on the pricey side. We hope we get the chance to welcome you back again. Please call me for any future reservations and I will make sure we take care of you. It’s the least we can do to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review.
New York City, New York
“Decent food and very accomodating”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

There is better food in this part of CA but Coast is decent and very accomodating. During our stay at the Canary we had the burger and fries twice (v good), chicken fingers and fries twice (very good), ceviche (pretty good), garden salad with crab cake (v good), butterscotch pudding (excellent) and turkey club (good). There are two chardonnays by the glass on the menu, both local. One is $7 and one is $14. On two occasions I asked for the less expensive one (which was as good as the more expensive one) and was served and charged for the more expensive one. This was very uncharacteristic of the rest of our experience. The restaurant very cheerfully provided us with a glass of warm milk at the end of each day for the five year old in our party.

Visited March 2013