“Wonderful meal”

Toma Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Toma Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 529 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
usa
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Intimate, lively restaurant down by the Santa Barbara waterfront.
Excellent food and service. Highly recommend it.

Visited April 2014

Appleby Magna, United Kingdom
“Eat Here”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We hadn't booked and the restaurant looked full but they worked hard at finding us a table by juggling their bookings. The menu was well constructed with not too many dishes. Our server Chelsea was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The food we ordered was very good and we did not wait long for anything. The artichoke starter was innovative and the pasta dish was first class all complemented with a nice bottle of wine. Best to book but if you have got time don't miss this place.

• Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Charming. And great cocktail menu.”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We loved this place. When we first walked in, the hostess greeted us warmly, gave us great tips on the menu, and seated us by the window.
We took a look at the cocktail menu...it is probably unfair to give a place great reviews simply because they have exactly what you want...but they did. Blue cheese stuffed olives in my martini are my FAVORITE as are spicy tequila drinks. They had both :)
They also give complimentary fried olives at the beginning of the meal which I haven't seen in years but I love. On that note, they also serve squash blossoms which I have only had one other time at a friends wedding, loved, and have not seen since.

Service was attentive and warm. Food was great.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank lucymcg1
Bellevue, WA
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This place has got to be one of the best restaurants in Santa Barbara. It's located near the waterfront and Sterns Warf. Parking can be an issue (street only) so keep that in mind for your reservation arrival time, and yes, you probably will need to make a reservation several days in advance. This is a rather small restaurant, but it's obviously very popular with excellent food and service.
We were seated immediately with a 5:45 PM reservation and by 6:15 the place was full. We were served our requested drinks and bread within a reasonable period. I had never heard of an appetizer called "tuna cones", but since I love Ahi tuna I gave them a try and I'm glad I did. It's marinated raw Ahi stuffed into four small Asian sesame coated cones nd it's outstanding! My wife had a baby Arugula salad and we shared an order of their cannelloni. An order is two of good size, so it was plenty to satisfy us and probably some of the best cannelloni I've ever had in the entire country. Yes, it was that good! For desert we shared some delicious salted caramel ice cream.
I wish this place was located near where we live because I think we would give them a lot of business. Give them a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Major12
Kensington, California
“Great Spot”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Went for dinner. Great little place across from the harbor. We had the tuna cones which everyone loves in the reviews. We didn't love it. It was good, but really not awesome. For dinner I had the wild boar shank which was really good. My partner had the scallops which he said was great. Great service too, definitely should be on your hit list in Santa Barbara.

• Visited April 2014