“Great Experience!”

Toma Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Toma Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 528 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bellevue, WA
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

This place has got to be one of the best restaurants in Santa Barbara. It's located near the waterfront and Sterns Warf. Parking can be an issue (street only) so keep that in mind for your reservation arrival time, and yes, you probably will need to make a reservation several days in advance. This is a rather small restaurant, but it's obviously very popular with excellent food and service.
We were seated immediately with a 5:45 PM reservation and by 6:15 the place was full. We were served our requested drinks and bread within a reasonable period. I had never heard of an appetizer called "tuna cones", but since I love Ahi tuna I gave them a try and I'm glad I did. It's marinated raw Ahi stuffed into four small Asian sesame coated cones nd it's outstanding! My wife had a baby Arugula salad and we shared an order of their cannelloni. An order is two of good size, so it was plenty to satisfy us and probably some of the best cannelloni I've ever had in the entire country. Yes, it was that good! For desert we shared some delicious salted caramel ice cream.
I wish this place was located near where we live because I think we would give them a lot of business. Give them a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Major12

Kensington, California
“Great Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

Went for dinner. Great little place across from the harbor. We had the tuna cones which everyone loves in the reviews. We didn't love it. It was good, but really not awesome. For dinner I had the wild boar shank which was really good. My partner had the scallops which he said was great. Great service too, definitely should be on your hit list in Santa Barbara.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank matts2869
Sydney, Australia
“Fabulous in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I highly recommend Toma and could not fault it in any way!
Our entire evening was a wonderful experience from beginning to end. We were dining with our 2 young children and on arrival our waitress brought over a whole basket of different activities which kept them entertained all night (without having to resort to electronics!). These little things make all the difference. There was a good selection of meals for the children which they really enjoyed (also greatly appreciated) and our meals and drinks were all delicious. The service was friendly and attentive and I would honestly say it was one of the best all round family dinners we have ever had in a restaurant.
Thank you Toma - I only wish we didn't live so far away.

• Visited March 2014
“Great- beautiful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Busy place - recommended by the staff at Harbor House Inn - did not disappoint. Going back again on our next trip to Santa Barbara in September.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Craiginsydney
Poway, California
“All around great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Excellent drinks, food, and dessert. An all around great time! The tuna cones are delicious and unique. Black spaghetti was also great. Really liked the margaritas too! Make a reservation; they do get busy.