“A Romantic Place For Dinner”

Toma Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Toma Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 542 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I took my wife to Toma's Valentine's weekend for a nice romantic meal out. The restaurant is located on the quieter side of Cabrillo Blvd away from busier State street.We were greeted very nicely and seated as we had reserved. The restaurant is small but did not seem too crowded. We found the pasta aldente like we enjoy it. We took our time and did not feel rushed even though it was a busy weekend. I liked the fact that they had a full bar for cocktails. I would recommend Toma's for a nice night out in a beautiful city like Sana Barbara.

2  Thank BoboTravlr

Reviewed February 14, 2014

The ambiance at this restaurant is great. Very cosy, and the host and waitstaff were very accommodating. The baby artichoke appetizer was excellent and the lasagna was solid although not the greatest lasagna ever as several reviewers said. The gnocchi had a sauce that was made with too heavy a hand, though not too bad for the US as opposed to Italy

1  Thank luvToscana
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed in Santa Barbara New Year's week...Toma is an awesome gem! The food is outstanding! I am not an expert on pasta, but their pasta is amazingly fresh! My husband and I had two meals in the four days we were in Santa Barbara, and everything was exceptional! Warm atmosphere and a very gracious owner make this a place not to be missed! Make sure you make a reservation!

2  Thank travelloverfoodie
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Sunday night after 7:00pm and the place was full but they reserved a spot for us at the bar. The host and staff were so nice and friendly all night we never got the feeling they were JUST doing their jobs. They were actually having fun with the customers while doing their jobs. They bake their own bread which is addictive. Our meals came out together and both were hot. This seems to be an issue with other places but not here. I had the lasagna and my wife had the Guanicale pizza. The flavors were perfectly balanced for each dish. The portions were very good and the prices were reasonable. We are only in town for two nights and will be eating here again. Nice job Toma!

2  Thank mjc258
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We've taken a short road trip with some friends, and our first stopover is Santa Barbara. Lovely town. The four of us went to Toma for dinner last night (Wednesday). Very good food with a good wine (local Pinot Noir) recommended by our waiter.
Between us we had 4 different salads to start, followed by squid ink pasta with clams, butternut squash ravioli, lasagne and steamed clams (hold the chorizo). All the dishes were excellent. The boss said that the lasagne was one of the best he'd ever tasted. Everything (including the bread) was clearly home made. Service good. Not cheap, but worth it.

1  Thank ESB-UK