“Great, fresh Italian ”

Toma Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Toma Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 529 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Great, fresh Italian ”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Dad and I were after a final fresh meal on our trip. Our hotel recommended this restaurant, just two blocks away. It was a busy Friday night but the staff managed to squeeze us onto the bar.

The staff were very friendly and served with a smile. The food they delivered was delicious! Some great pasta dishes, washed down with great wine. Do go!

Santa Clarita, California
“delicious”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We arrived earlier than our reservation and the host was gracious enough to get out table ready nonetheless. The ambience was warm and romantic with candles lit at every table. Started with the Ahi Tuna Cone, and it was heaven in my mouth. Perfect balance of the softness from the tuna and the crunch with the sesame. The black spag was also delicious. Ahhh, the dessert... I don't think I've ever given a bad review to sweets and I'm not starting now. I had the Chocolate Torte. It was topped with plain vanilla ice cream that gave the richness of the chocolate a perfect balance creating a beautiful melody in my mouth.

The beach is right across from the restaurant. A romantic walk by the beach after dinner would be a lovely way to end the night.

Santa Barbara, California
“One of Santa Barbara's very best!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This new restaurant is outstanding. Owners Victoria and Tom are so gracious. You can tell they have decades of restaurant experience and take good care of their guests. Amazing presentation, especially the appetizer salads and miniature ahi cones. We dined on a Friday evening and the place was alive with excitement. The food and service were exceptional.

Santa Barbara, CA
“Authentic Italian with California Twist”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We recommend the fried calamari, Tuna cones are melt-in-your-mouth, baked romaine salad, beet salad, black pasta with clams and the tiramasu for dessert.
Good wine list.

Visited October 2013
Sierra Madre, California
“Superb dining in Santa Barbara”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

A friend and I dined at Toma on a Wednesday night. The food, atmosphere and service were outstanding. The only reason for the 4 star rating was the ill mannered hostess, a thin blond woman with an off-putting attitude. She was unfriendly and didn't smile - a contrast to the otherwise warm, welcoming, and knowledgeable staff.

Jay was our waiter, and Colin helped us with our reservation. Both were exceptional, as was the kind woman who prepared and served us the delicious tuna appetizer. Even the bus boy looked us in the eye and smiled as he served us.

We had the black spaghetti and rigatoni. Both were delicious and plentiful. Butter was used generously in the spaghetti, but I loved it. The bread was good and the amuse bouche was deep fried stuffed olives with cheese. I don't generally eat fried food, but I devoured all of the tasty olives.

The wine list was excellent. We didn't try the desserts, but my husband and I and another couple will be returning to Toma next week. We loved Toma!